Why do I constantly feel the need to fix myself (the impact that social anxiety and trauma has on my life)
Hi,
I'm very bad at communicating my feelings but I feel if I don't at least try I will lose everything I worked for all this time-
A little story time (is a lot but I will keep it short-)
Since I was a child my emotions were either hidden or invalidated, especially the negative emotions like crying, being sad, angry, etc.
So of course that affected my way of talking with people and just understanding their emotional.
I have to be honest, seeing people being ultra happy or very sad and angsty... Makes me cringe... Jealous, maybe? Cause I never got a chance to feel that... won't questioning "Is this emotions true? Am I fake?"
Most of the time when I try to communicate something... Even the smallest thing like buy groceries... My brain constantly say "Everyone is looking- Everyone hates you- Run Run RUN AWAY!"
So yeah... I felt like I need to get out of my chest... Cause I was too scared to talk this with my friends or family... They will probably never understand... But at least I'm trying to be ok... Even if is fake.
@emotionalScorpio369
I'm sorry that you are going through this. It can feel so isolating especially if no one around you understands. Know that you are supported in this community and that you are not alone. I understand feeling like everyone is staring at you, and feeling self-conscious. Even though this is easier said than done, it can help to remember that many people feel the same way and are mainly just focused on themselves and their own issues. You are not alone in this.
Wow qhat you just typed out is how I feel exactly and while I do have friends they dont understand when I try to explain it. I thought I was just an alien weirdo but im glad to see that im not alone. I hope we can both figure this out or find people qho get us and understand but hey at least we have the people on here.
Hey, I’m glad you reached out!
Sometimes I feel like that, and it makes me feel lost.
What I immediately try to remember is that I’m human.
It’s okay to feel this way, but remember that if you don’t know how, just find a bigger appreciation for things. Be hopeful about feeling those ways and try taking things at surface-value. Remember that people care about you and that they’re there for you.
Try being more happy and let the other emotions come naturally, love yourself before you do anything else and trust in the way you feel!
Your doing great, keep it up, you got this!