increased social anxiety because of pandemic
hello, this is my first post on here because I’ve been struggling a lot with my mental health lately. I was pretty cautious during most of COVID and because of that I haven’t hung out with more than a couple people in over a year much. this was my freshman year of college and I had been working on getting out more during senior year and meeting people. it feels like the pandemic destroyed the progress I was making and my energy has been so low lately. I’m vaccinated so I am more comfortable hanging out with people like normal, but I have only been able to hang out with more than one person for a couple hours at a time before I start to feel exhausted and anxious. I feel bad about leaving my friends and not having the energy to hang out. has anyone else been feeling this way and have you found anything that has helped?
@tirelesslyanxious
Sounds like the COVID pandemic interrupts your social progress a lot. It takes time to get back to the old life. Try to find out what kinds of thoughts make you anxious. Or maybe just physically get tired easily since you haven't go out often because of the pandemic. In any case, no need to be too hard on yourself. Pick up your life step by step. Hope you feel better soon.
Hi, I am in a similar slump. I think most people are but some won't admit it. We have to take one day at a time and just be okay with the minimal progess we are making. It takes time to get back and heal from the damage covid inflicted.