Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Food Aversion

User Profile: HatsEatYou
HatsEatYou Wednesday

Recently some stressful things in my life have triggered some major food aversion. Not sure how much is related to my autism or not but I figure its probably somewhat related. Basically wondering if anyone has tips, because at this point anything could be useful. I have basically starved for two days because I cant get past the repulsive thought of putting food in my mouth. Its like im going back to day one figuring out what is safe to eat. So far hot chocolate has been the only reliable thing I have managed to consume. It's not sustainable. I can make myself take two or three bites of random things but then major ick stops me even while I am starving. In the past I've had some regular things I can't/won't eat, but nothing like this. It's like someone suddenly updated my brain and put all food into a new inedible category. If anyone has experienced something like this and has advice for moving past it or anything I would be so grateful.

2
User Profile: AsherTree
AsherTree Thursday

@HatsEatYou

You can't eat food?

How long do you think this is going to last?

User Profile: HatsEatYou
HatsEatYou OP Thursday

Who knows? I can eat. Just only very small amounts. So far its been about a week total that food has been super difficult. I'm managing to force myself into eating something most days. I'm hoping that once my stress levels reduce I'll go back to being able to eat normally again. I think its just overwhelm. If it's not temporary I'll seek medical help. But for now I think its just stress related. Fingers crossed I'll food will become more bareable with time.

load more