Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I don't know if I am bipolar, I haven't been able to stick with a therapist long enough to get any kind of diagnosis

User Profile: Mercurri
Mercurri May 8th, 2022

Lately I have been struggling really hard with finding a therapist, I don't know if I'm bipolar but both of my parents are and I have struggled with similar symptoms for most of my life (since about 15) I am 27. I once had a counselor tell me she didn't think that I was bipolar but that I had been "raised by people who are" so I don't know if thats even actually a thing...but yeah it would be great not to feel this way all the time and not know what to expect.

2
User Profile: MidwesternCalmSeeker
MidwesternCalmSeeker June 19th, 2022

@Mercurri

It sounds like you do want to receive a diagnosis. I hope you get the answers you need to start feeling more confident about how to move forward.

User Profile: AlyssaF16
AlyssaF16 July 19th, 2022

@Mercurri

It must be very frustrating not being able to receive a diagnosis. My therapist had suggested I go to a local hospital and have psychological testing done. They spend a few hours with you and perform some tests to screen for many psychological disorders, maybe look into something like that?

As for being raised by bipolar parents, since bipolar disorder has a strong genetic component it is very likely you have it.

Feel free to reach out to me if you would like to talk further! AlyssaF16