Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I have feelings for my best friend who has Bipolar II disorder

User Profile: rikaslovakia
rikaslovakia September 20th, 2025

Hello, it’s my first time here and i’m not sure if i can be here since I dont have Bipolar disorder, but I’d like to share my story. I’d like to understand it better so I can help my best friend and deal with my emotions as well.

She and I got into an argument recently, i’m quite a hypersensitive person and overthinker, (possible BPD as well but not confirmed) so i’m not sure what to do. Despite our connection being slightly interrupted at the moment, i’m still willing to find ways to help her since she’s going through a lot and she means the world to me.

I’m not sure if I can talk about this so TW.

Over the summer, she’s been extremely hypersexual (5 people over the last 2 days at worst). I want to get her to stop, however at the same time I understand that it’s not that easy. She’s tired of it and constantly calls herself disgusting which just simply breaks my heart, because I think she’s still amazing despite her telling me she’s “flawed” or “insane”.

There’s a lot of detail missing, but i’m asking for genuine help of what a person like me could do. I, myself am extremely hypersensitive and mentally unstable as well, despite not having Bipolar Disorder, I can understand all few things at most, so I’m not completely clueless or lost on the topic.

In my situation, what should I do? She’s been getting professional help but it does not seem to work very well. I mean this in the best way possible, should I try my best to stop her? or just let her be? Either of these choices seem to have a major impact on her. By just simply not doing anything about it, she’s putting herself in danger by interacting with strangers, and I don’t want any terrible accident happening.

Can anyone help me understand her better or any ways I could help her out as someone that’s not a professional?

1
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 September 23rd, 2025

@rikaslovakia

Hey, welcome to seven cups.

I can see what a good friend you are and she's lucky to have you.

Mental health can be complicated and hard to understand.

All you can do is be there for your friend, to listen, to support, to allow her to have someone she can trust.

Hopefully her therapy will start working for her and giving her the support that she needs.

You can only be her friend, she needs to out the work in!

💜💕