Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lost friends and family due to your illness?

User Profile: YinandYangJTT
YinandYangJTT March 12th, 2025

I want to start a thread for people who feel they have lost friends and family because of their illness. I was thinking we could share our experiences, express our deep feelings, take responsibility for our actions, but also forgive ourselves for the things we can’t help. Then, we can offer reassurance and support for the others in the thread.


Please share your experience then comment on at least two other posts.

1
User Profile: YinandYangJTT
YinandYangJTT OP March 12th, 2025

I have bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder. My whole my life I’ve always had a difficult time managing my friendships and relationships. From age of 16 until now, I’ve never been single for more than a month. I usually cheat on my partner and move onto the next. Now that I’m treated, I’m hoping I can change the story. I’ve also lost a lot of friends because the decisions I’ve made during mania. I also tend to push people away at the first sign that they’re not ready to fulfill me in the same way that I fulfill them. Even my family is pretty distant now.


Can anyone else relate?