Meds Making me Mad
I question to go off my meds, but I know who ill be if im off them fully. I rarely take my meds because of my job, I have to be fully present, accurate, and fast at my job, but when I take my meds...im slow af. I feel drunk. I feel out of it. Like I smoked a couple blunts. My meds work, they do what they're supposed to...but at the cost of being who I am. So I give up my meds to be better at work. I take a combo of mood stabilizers, antipsychotics, and antidepressants. Its hard to choose to being mentally well and succeeding at my job. Not really asking a question, just...putting it out there.
@bubbleSouth1515
I appreciate your views on meds.. I agree with a lot with some of your points.. My meds cause me to be cognitively challenged.. Another point I have is going on and off meds can sometimes lead to potentially crippling situations.. I hope you always practice caution when taking meds..
Thanks for sharing! 🌲
Dear bubble.
Side effects can be problematic. I want to stop taking my ability because of the weight gain I experience.
Dear bubble.
Side effects can be problematic. I want to stop taking my ability because of the weight gain I experience.
Dear bubble,
I’m so sorry you feel like you have to choose between being medicated and being functional. Antipsychotics especially are intense meds and they often have so many side effects. Mine make me extremely light sensitive and certain food and drinks taste gross, as well as feeling like a zombie for hours of the day after I wake up.
However the regimen is working for me at the moment and I’m somewhat functional and no longer self destructive or psychotic. I lost access to my medication recently and therefore access to the version of myself that was somewhat sane. I was hospitalized which sucked but was a very necessary intervention that kept me alive. I’m sure you know this but not all of these types of medications are sedative- some are activating. If you can, please talk to your doctor so hopefully they can get you some relief. You deserve to be well and functional so don’t settle, but also don’t try to handle it alone. Best wishes, bubble