Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Pro Tip: Don’t watch the “Next to Normal” pro-shot while you’re bipolat wife is in the hospital.

User Profile: orangearrow
orangearrow May 13th, 2025

At least, not unless you want to bawl your eyes out. I’m an actor, director, and theatre teacher, so I thought I was prepared for this show. I’ve seen clips of the Broadway production and wasn’t all that impressed with the script, but I loved the music.

This production is fantastic. My wife has said that she relates to Diana a lot, over the years, but I never understood it until I saw this version of her. I think it’s given me a lot of perspective on her experience. I’m excited to talk to her about it when she gets home. I think it might help us talk through some things we’ve been avoiding.

But it was also just absolutely heartbreaking to watch, and has me processing a lot of feelings I’ve been ignoring for a very long time now.

2
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 14th, 2025

Boosting so you get more views <3

What is the show about?

1 reply
User Profile: orangearrow
orangearrow OP May 14th, 2025

The show follows Diana and her family (husband, daughter, daughter’s boyfriend) through their struggles with Diana’s worsening bipolar disorder and both their collective and individual grief for the older son of the family, who died as a baby.

It’s a very heavy but incredibly heartfelt and beautiful musical, especially this West End production. Their team has absolutely nailed it.

load more