Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Recently diagnosed

User Profile: thephotog
thephotog Monday

Hi. I’m very lost. I’m an adult with 3 grown children. I’ve been struggling with mental health for a very long time. My most recent doctors think it might be bipolar 2. This comes on the heels of a huge life change which I feel was a massive mistake. I lost my house of 23 years and I’m starting to lose my business of 22 years. In the last 4 months I moved out of state and I’m doing so 2 of my kids moved out. I started having severe daily anxiety and weekly panic attacks. I am now dealing with immobilizing depression. I don’t know what to do and I feel utterly alone, isolated and hopeless. Starting my life over at this age is daunting. I am married but he’s helpless when it comes to my condition. And he can’t really support me financially as I was always the bread winner. Still am to a degree although my business is now failing. I just want to get back to who I used to be. These days I just end to be functional. My parents are also very depressed so I can’t really go to them. I guess I’m just looking for some sort of support aside from my weekly therapy which I don’t think is helping. She encourages me to leave my husband which is frightening to me. I’m afraid it would be another life altering decision right now.

1
User Profile: AsherTree
AsherTree Monday

@thephotog

It sounds bad what your dealing with.

But it sounds like in the past you were fairly successful. 

Please don't give up things can turn around because you got a lot of experience. 

So proud of you for getting this far, you need something to smile about.

With all the rising costs in the world 🌎  this is definitely not your fault, you just need a good break to put you on solid ground..🌲