Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I am Bipolar but thinking I might be Schizophrenic as well. (Schizoaffective)

User Profile: ghosttiger100
ghosttiger100 July 12th, 2020

I have been diagnosed with Bipolar II disorder and have had a history of psychosis during my severe manic, and depressive episodes. I have been stable for about a year, but recently I had a mild manic episode. I had to up my meds and everything was good. But then for the first time in a year the voices started again. Its horrible.

But the thing is my mood is stable. I feel totally fine considering my mood. And my medication has not side effects that could explain this sudden change. I am goig to wait a couple weeks and see if the voices persist, because I know bipolar disorder can totally mess up you mind. I will tell my psychiatrist if they do not dissapear.

If they persist I might be schizoaffective.... I'm scared.

4
User Profile: ghosttiger100
ghosttiger100 OP July 12th, 2020

Please note that auditory hallucinations arent the only symtoms I have. I am also experiencing disorganized thought patterns, delusional ideation, visual hallucinations, etc.

User Profile: ghosttiger100
ghosttiger100 OP July 15th, 2020

I have been researching ( I always do when I go through these things) and I have always had borderline tendencies (enough for me to be diagnosed but I have never opened up to my psychiatrist.)And I just read that psychosis can be triggered in those with borderline in stressful situations. I just got my meds changed and I have been HELLA stressing over it. I am going to mention borderline to my psychiatrist and tell her all the symptoms that line up with me and see what she thinks.

1 reply
User Profile: jwsgson126
jwsgson126 July 22nd, 2020

@ghosttiger100 good to hear from you! I'm glad you are going to share this information with a professional! Let us know how it goes if you are willing!

load more