Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Unemployment and family pressure

User Profile: politeSugar4650
politeSugar4650 September 9th, 2025

Hi I am lisha and I am from India. I really don't know if I am on right path or not but I've completed my graduation few months ago and now I am officially an unemployed person. And my family is really conservative and they have nothing for me and I am really feeling hopeless and insecure if I able to get a job or not. The IT market is so down right now and I am feeling really underconfident and distress.

I just wanted to express my feelings that's why created this thread.

8
User Profile: GoldenRuleJG
GoldenRuleJG September 9th, 2025

@politeSugar4650

Thank you for opening up lisha. 

I am hearing you feel disheartened after finding work difficult to find after recently graduating. Your concerns are understandable and I encourage you to keeping building on strengths ok <3

Well done on graduating. Lets see if you want to explore encouragers techniques below 

https://www.7cups.com/forum/gratitude/UpliftingStation_1167/Encouragerspost_362675/

Welcome to chat this out further 1-1 with a listener 7cups.com/BrowseListeners where they can help you process. 

Kind regards, 

Golden 

User Profile: sensibleJar3169
sensibleJar3169 October 6th, 2025

Hey Iisha. Welcome to the job market, I don't have any advice to help you but at least know that you're not alone. *** is breaking lose with AIs and the IT market seems to be the first one to crumble, even this app has that weird AI that does a terrible job. Stills a few of us make it eventually.

I hope you're one of the lucky ones, I sure ain't.

User Profile: sensibleJar3169
sensibleJar3169 October 6th, 2025

Hey Iisha. Welcome to the job market, I don't have any advice to help you but at least know that you're not alone. *** is breaking lose with AIs and the IT market seems to be the first one to crumble, even this app has that weird AI that does a terrible job. Stills a few of us make it eventually.

I hope you're one of the lucky ones, I sure ain't.

User Profile: jooshleen
jooshleen October 6th, 2025

@politeSugar4650 Hey lisha, welcome to 7cups! The fact that you've expressed your thoughts and feelings here is already an amazing step. We're sorry to hear about such a situation you've been experiencing, as unemployment is a very scary thing to acknowledge. Thankfully, you're not alone on this. Many of us have experienced unemployment, sometimes even layoffs. Obtaining and keeping a job is hard, especially in today's modern society. This is only a phase, as i am positive things will become better for you. We all wish you the best, and you can always talk to one of us about your thoughts. We are here for you!! 🫶

User Profile: gentlemelon85
gentlemelon85 October 24th, 2025

@politeSugar4650
Lisha, I understand how trapped you must be feeling...It is always tough when family does not support us...Wishing you strength to come out of this problem...

User Profile: sadcat13
sadcat13 October 24th, 2025

@politeSugar4650 aww, I can feel you. Been there. Job search is horrible. It's completely understandable you feel down about it. You got this 🌻

User Profile: brightspring57
brightspring57 October 27th, 2025

Dont worry sab thik ho jayega faith rakho god par

User Profile: tinacro22
tinacro22 October 28th, 2025

This Job finding pressure is some kind of personal battle that many people fight on their own and it can feel painful sometimes. I know the feeling since I go trough the same thing. It is important to maintain mental health during all that, so this is the right place to keep it healthy.