Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

what was your favorite childhood poem/story?

User Profile: Clarisse29
Clarisse29 January 13th, 2024

hello everyone, i hope you've been doing well!

we've all had our childhoods decorated by some or the other works of fiction (or stories based on real incidents). what were some of your favorite ones?

6
User Profile: MidwesternCalmSeeker
MidwesternCalmSeeker January 14th, 2024

@Clarisse29 

Songs were actually the kind of poem I identify with most closely as I think of my childhood. So many come to mind - The Teddy Bears' Picnic , Animal Crackers in My Soup, and Skidamarinkadoo are probably the big 3 for me!

3 replies
User Profile: Clarisse29
Clarisse29 OP January 14th, 2024

@MidwesternCalmSeeker

that's sweet!

2 replies
User Profile: MidwesternCalmSeeker
MidwesternCalmSeeker January 14th, 2024

@Clarisse29 Yes, and I sang them to my kiddos, and now I'm singing them to my two granddaughters. And my daughter picked up the habit with her child, so I'm hopeful the tradition will continue through the generations!

1 reply
User Profile: Clarisse29
Clarisse29 OP January 14th, 2024

@MidwesternCalmSeeker

that is actually amazing. i hope the tradition continues!

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: SilverSeastar
SilverSeastar January 15th, 2024

@Clarisse29

I liked Tikki Tikki Tembo!

It's an origin myth story about why Chinese names are so short. The story is about a Chinese boy with a super long name and his brother with a short name, and they fall into a well.

1 reply
User Profile: Clarisse29
Clarisse29 OP January 16th, 2024

@SilverSeastar

ooooh i loved that as a child too! 

load more