Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What new language would you like to learn/you are learning..

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever April 7th, 2017

Hello,

Is there a language in your mind that you want to learn or you are learning.. Share with us! :)

753
User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven January 31st, 2018

Welsh. And to regain my fluency in Portuguese, Spanish and German. Akso to learn more Czech

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP March 5th, 2018

@SpruceRaven That's cool! Good luck! :D

load more
User Profile: AspieTaurus
AspieTaurus February 2nd, 2018

I'm learning Russian. smiley

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP March 5th, 2018

@AspieTaurus Great! :D

load more
User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven February 2nd, 2018

Ley's throw Estonian in there too, and how it relates to Finnish! 😁🤗

User Profile: Lesblade
Lesblade February 2nd, 2018

Hey everyone ! I'm currently learning Swedish and Icelandic, as part of my studies but also because I think these languages are very beautiful smiley

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven February 2nd, 2018

@Lesblade Wow! That's fabulous! Give us a taste!

User Profile: Lesblade
Lesblade February 4th, 2018

@SpruceRaven Since we're in the 'languages' section, I guess I can start with the sentence "Hi! I speak French, English, Spanish, Swedish and a bit of Icelandic.'

[Swedish] Hej ! Jag talar franska, engelska, spanska, svenska och lite isländska.

[Icelandic] Hæ ! Ég tala frönsku, ensku, spænsku, sænsku og smá íslensku.

Many people think that Icelandic is weird and hard to learn, but trust me, remembering all the declensions is worth the effort, because this language has a poetic vibe. You can listen to Friðrik Dór's song 'Fröken Reykjavík', our teacher played it on our very first class, I think it's pretty good smiley

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven February 4th, 2018

@Lesblade Wow sounds interesting! I'll have to check it out. Always happy to meet another language fan!

User Profile: SpruceRaven
SpruceRaven February 10th, 2018

@Lesblade Icelandic sounds so awesome. Really the heart root of all the Germanic languages incl. Norse languages it seems. <3 <3

load more
load more
User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP March 5th, 2018

@Lesblade Good luck with your learning! :D

load more
User Profile: Hurt777
Hurt777 February 8th, 2018

Hello! I read your threads and I feel energetic to learn many languages in the future. Now, I want to learn French and improve my English. I also enjoy German, Thai and Japanese. I would be happy to help you learn Vietnamese!

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP March 5th, 2018

@Hurt777 Teach me Vietnamese sometimes later then . I love to learn languages! :D

load more
User Profile: typicalscum88
typicalscum88 February 10th, 2018

anything

User Profile: eviesweet
eviesweet February 11th, 2018

I'm trying to relearn French - had 3 years of it in middle school but never practiced it, so forgot most of it. Emphasis on trying, so far smiley

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP March 5th, 2018

@eviesweet You can do it! :D

load more
User Profile: CantStepOut
CantStepOut February 11th, 2018

Martian because I feel I am not part of this world.

Actually I need to continue my German and learn Spanish because it would be very useful in my line of work.

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP March 5th, 2018

@CantStepOut Okay! Good luck! :D

load more
User Profile: ethanolmos
ethanolmos February 14th, 2018

Right now I'm aiming at the intermediate level of the Russian language. It's so chaotic and systematic at the same time. Last summer I was in language school in Moscow https://russian-language-school.com/en/. It was the greatest language course in my life so far.

User Profile: ethanolmos
ethanolmos February 14th, 2018

@ethanolmos
<a href="https://russian-language-school.com/en/">https://russian-language-school.com/en/</a>

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP March 5th, 2018

@ethanolmos Good luck! :D

load more
User Profile: Abdallah2017
Abdallah2017 February 15th, 2018

I am learning turkush rightnow and planing to learn french as soon as possible.

User Profile: YourFriendforever
YourFriendforever OP March 5th, 2018

@Abdallah2017 I wish you all the luck with that!

load more