What new language would you like to learn/you are learning..
Hello,
Is there a language in your mind that you want to learn or you are learning.. Share with us! :)
I am learning sign language from my country and I love it. I wanna communicate better with my friends who are deaf and I think everybody should consider learning sign language, if they can.
I'm getting fluent in German - currently with an intermediate level. I am already fluent in English (my mother language is Spanish). I want to be a Translator, languages are my passion!
Currently learning Japanese!
I can speak Chinese and English fluently, and is also learning Spanish alongside Japanese.
Im continuing to learn Japanese
academic English.. I've been struggling in it for a long time
@KKSophie
Dear KK Sophie. Please don't be discouraged. English is a very difficult language, because the spelling and grammar has many more rules that most other languages, and even more exceptions and irregularities.
Sometimes it's not your fault at all that English becomes difficult: I have seen many English language training programs which have been designed and run by people who themselves apparently have difficulty with English. Some English training courses and books are full of mistakes (as a result), so choosing an English course that is run by a university or college in an English-speaking country can be much safer.
It's also very important to be learning at a language level which suits you. If you go straight to an advanced business level course, for instance, you might miss basic foundations of language which will make it very difficult to pass at the advanced level. It's much less frustrating to find courses that aim towards beginner or intermediate level until you're very confident.
Here is a link to FREE UNIVERSITY COURSES in business English https://www.edx.org/search?tab=course&q=business%20english. If these courses seem too advanced, try https://www.edx.org/learn/english - there are some self-paced courses there which should be easier. The idea is to find the course that suits you, and when they are free, this gives you an opportunity to look around and be comfortable.
Other courses which may be even easier can be found on https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/business-communication. GCF is a company in USA that teaches international charities like UNICEF, and has literally thousands of free courses that are very useful in business. GCF also has beginner English tutorials (in French, German, Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, and Korean as well as in simple English). For GFC courses to work you may need to register a free account, and to update your free adobe flash player. Maybe you'll also need to use a different browser like Mozilla Firefox , but the courses by GCF worth it. You can browse the entire range of GCF courses at https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/topics/
Wherever you are in the world, if you look hard enough, there are probably also clubs for people who speak English. ("Expat" and "anglophon"e are good names to use to search online for these clubs). These clubs could be very helpful for you, because practising with native speakers is useful for learning any language. The people at these clubs often have difficulty speaking the local language, so would really appreciate your help with your native language as well.
EDX are free courses, unless you want a certificate - then they tend to charge about $100 USD. However, even though they are from universities, the certificates from EDX aren't degrees, so they don't really count towards getting a job, i.e. they are not really worth paying for. Some international companies who want certificates in English will more likely want the sort of certificates you'll find here https://canterbury.libguides.com/c.php?g=243227&p=1618737 If you keep persisting with one after another of these free courses, your English will improve so much that your letters and conversations will prove how well you speak English by themselves, without the need of certificates. There's a free quiz for Cambridge's test of English as a foreign language (which is used for entrance into some English speaking university courses) at https://www.quiz-tree.com/TOEFL_main.html. Don't worry that the TOEFL tests are pretty challenging, (they had a word on the lowest level test that I needed to look up). They are a good set of practise tests, and you can log in an register for free for the tests and do them more than once.
One last thought - don't forget about https://translate.google.com/: If you would like to advance your English with news articles and online magazines, online translators can always be useful to make sure you correctly understand what you're reading. Sometimes, getting an overall idea first from a translated article can make reading foreign language materials a much less tiresome task. If nothing else, sometimes the translations that google comes up with are rather funny!
Feel free to send your homework to me (and probably other English speaking listeners on 7 cups will be happy to help as well). We can check your homework before you hand it in, if you can't find someone close to home to give you native-speaker help. After all, English study will also help with better listening in English on 7 cups.
I hope this makes you feel much better.
I like to learn Spanish! Its so helpful where I live
I would like to learn Spanish.
German but pheww it is hard
French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Thai.
I would like to learn Italian because its very close to Spanish which I already speak. And Korean because my bf is Korean!