Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Share your favorite song in your mother tongue and a song in another European language that you like!

User Profile: MoonlightHelper1
MoonlightHelper1 November 6th, 2019

Hello everyone! I am Moon, a new forum team member. As I really love music and believe that music connects people, I would like my first post to be devoted to it.

I would like you to share your favorite song in your native language and another song that you enjoy listening to which is in another European language.

The choice is yours - it can be traditional or modern and in any genre you like. You are free to share more of them or search for new ones to share with others and you can also include YouTube links with lyrics if available :).

Music in Different Languages Decal Sticker Wall Mural ...

3
User Profile: MoonlightHelper1
MoonlightHelper1 OP November 6th, 2019

Here is an overview of some traditional music across European countries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-v8GOzeQo0

User Profile: lovingCactus6863
lovingCactus6863 April 29th, 2020

@MoonlightHelper1 It is difficult to choose just one song in my mother tongue, but here are some of my recommendations!

- Amaral - "El universo sobre mi" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFary9e9jo0): I personally find this song super fitting for this page, since it talks about wanting to overcome hard times and be free.

- La Oreja De Van Gogh - "Puedes contar conmigo" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfF7vZB-rMA): The title says it all "You can count on me".

- Fito y Fitipaldis - "Entre la espada y la pared" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOweBNPpuoM)

Regarding songs in other european language, I usually like every single Eurovision song on a different language than english! Besides that here are some favorites:

- Boggie - "NOUVEAU PARFUM" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZwmo_2DOz0): I love this french song and its meaning

- Tal - "Le passé" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSXPHNHuw7A): Really upbeat french song

- Cro - "Melodie" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SncaeciAc_4): I don't really understand anything from the song but German rappers really have a really nice vibe.

User Profile: MoonlightHelper1
MoonlightHelper1 OP April 30th, 2020

@lovingCactus6863

I love Spanish songs, they are great!! No wonder it is difficult to choose one :) I also like other European songs you posted, I have not heard them before. Thank you for sharing!

load more