Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is your favorite place in your home/town/country... ?

User Profile: AReine
AReine June 3rd

Hello there 👋

  • What is your favorite place on earth 🌍 🌎??
  • Why do you love it so much ? 
  • What does it symbolize or represent to you ? 
  • If that place were a color, what color would it be?

We will host a session for this discussion so feel free to share your brilliant participations ✨💯

💌This is the third 3d discussion of the Horizons series 🌌 

earth-globe.gif



77
User Profile: navyWillow3854
navyWillow3854 June 29th

User Profile: AReine
AReine OP June 29th

@navyWillow3854 what is your favorite place on earth 🌍? 

load more
User Profile: LilMadHatt3r
LilMadHatt3r June 29th

@AReine it’s a long story. I used to talk to my genetic father (or my ma likes to call him the “sperm donor”) and although all legal custody stuff was pardoned once our step dad (who we just call dad) adopted us, we were given the option to allow open contact with him. My sister and I decided yes, and when he remarried and lived in a small rental, he invited us over to visit for the summer in Chicago. We were super excited, since we’ve only visited Idaho and Texas, but a whole new city in a whole new state? Why not? We got there, and they weren’t located in the city. They lived in a small rental on a horse ranch on the side of the road. And it was magical. Sure, there were bats in the barn, and it always smelt like manure and Clorox wipes, but I loved it. I always loved horses and waking up, and going outside to feed the horses some treats? Amazing. And there was a creek next to there too with frogs! I remember my first day there, I kept trying to catch some frogs, but they would always slip away. I was gonna give up when I saw a frog flaying about in the running creek. I think he lost control of the water and was trying to swim to shore. I grabbed a branch and held it out, which the frog grabbed. I gently pulled him to shore and scooped him up into my hand. And he just sat there. He was huffing, but he just sat in my hand, catching his breath. I was even able to pet the guy. Eventually, he hopped away, but it felt good to know that he caught his breath. From that day on, Everytime I’d visit the creek, the frogs would let me scoop them up into my hand and just hold them. I remember their eyes being absolutely beautiful. There was a neighbor who would come out to smoke on occasions, and I remember showing her the frog. I petted the frog and was talking to her about nerd stuff, when she asked if she could try to pet it. I held out the frog, and as she lowered her hand, the frog hopped away. Maybe it was because her hands were dry and mine were still wet with river water. I dunno. I even have a picture of me holding this frog. Anyways, the summer ended, we learned a lot more about our genetic dad after a few more trips, and cut off contact. When I look back on that memory, I don’t know how to feel. Happy because I was able to hold frogs and pet horses and spend time with him and his wife, or angry because what he had done to that wife behind closed doors and to my mother in the past. I don’t know which one to focus on, and I’ve always felt conflicted. Sometimes I try to just cross him out of the picture and remember the frogs, but it always came creeping back. Sorry about the brain vomit, but that’s one of my favorite places. Minus the sperm donor.

User Profile: AReine
AReine OP June 29th

That place looks magical 🤩 i admire horses too 🐎🐴

User Profile: AReine
AReine OP June 29th

If you ever had the chance to go back and experience that again, will you go?

User Profile: LilMadHatt3r
LilMadHatt3r June 30th

I honestly don’t know. I feel really conflicted now, but maybe I would with time. A LOT of time.

User Profile: AReine
AReine OP June 30th

@LilMadHatt3r I totally understand that. 

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: totaaaaaa
totaaaaaa June 30th

Im from iraq

User Profile: AReine
AReine OP June 30th

Niice 🤩 Iraq العراق 🇮🇶is wonderful 😊

load more
User Profile: AReine
AReine OP June 30th

@AReine i have so many favorite places hhhhh

User Profile: AReine
AReine OP July 5th

@AReine What is your favorite place?? 

@AReine

Glasgow because the people are so so friendly!

User Profile: AReine
AReine OP July 9th

Sounds a nice place to live in.

load more
User Profile: cyanDrum2401
cyanDrum2401 July 7th

I like the desert. I would like to visit arizona or new mexico again one day. It has a different feel to it which I love bc I like in a small town. Feels good to travel any place

User Profile: AReine
AReine OP July 9th

I like to travel too. 😄

User Profile: AReine
AReine OP July 9th

Desert 🏜️ 🏝️ holidays are nice i want to experience that.

load more
User Profile: AReine
AReine OP July 23rd

@AReine what is your favorite place on earth 🌍😁? 

User Profile: AReine
AReine OP August 13th

@AReine what's your favorite place ? 

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 August 13th

@AReine

Ireland 💚

User Profile: AReine
AReine OP August 14th

Your Homeland 🤩

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 August 15th

@AReine

Exactly 😂 💚

load more
User Profile: AReine
AReine OP August 14th

I would live to visit Scotland by the way. The nature is fabulous 🤩

load more
load more
User Profile: NawabiLko
NawabiLko August 15th

It's the most foody place lucknow in India.

User Profile: AReine
AReine OP August 15th

So you're a food lover haha.

load more