Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Your special, unpopular artist / piece of art

User Profile: StormForeshadow
StormForeshadow November 5th, 2022

Do you know some artist or a piece of art that you like, but isn't all that popular?
It can be music, literature, painting, etc. Just something special for you, that's not known for a lot of people.

Mine is band Florist. I realy love the singer's voice and lyrics of their songs.

60
User Profile: kindozzy27
kindozzy27 November 12th, 2022

Ren is great, with some great raps and heartfelt tunes; NOAHFINNCE is also so underrated

1 reply
User Profile: StormForeshadow
StormForeshadow OP November 12th, 2022

Oh my dear.... The lyrics. Depression, Deat God, the Tales. My gosh. I actualy shed a tear while listening.
Nice voice too... Sounds nice with acoustic guitar.

load more
User Profile: mallow010
mallow010 November 15th, 2022

@StormForeshadow mine is music, and their name is penelope scott. I dont really know if she's "unpopular" but i havent met anybody that likes her too.

2 replies
User Profile: StormForeshadow
StormForeshadow OP November 15th, 2022

Pretty unusual musical style I must admit. You don't see that way of expressing mental illness so often.

1 reply
User Profile: mallow010
mallow010 November 16th, 2022

@StormForeshadow

yeah, she just hits really close to home for me. I just love her stuff

load more
load more
User Profile: Torean
Torean November 15th, 2022

@StormForeshadow

Just some amazing underrated musical artists that come to mind:

Saul Williams

The Servant

Autolux

Living Colour

The Pixies

LostProphets - (the lead singer basically got the whole band cancelled...)


And just to be fun, I'll include a video game. The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for NES. Almost nobody actually likes it, but it was my first game as a kid, and I still basically love to hate it.

1 reply
User Profile: StormForeshadow
StormForeshadow OP November 15th, 2022

Oh I know The Pixies. Also I Orchestra sounds familar, but it must have been long time ago.

Yeah, first games tend to be like that. It might be considered a realy bad game. Ppl generaly think it wasn't worth playing it. But when this was your first game there is no way not to like it in a croked way. It might seem lacking, but you could play it over and over and over again. It's just holds a special place in your heart, and you can't change that 💛

load more
User Profile: Ronelie
Ronelie November 15th, 2022

@StormForeshadow I'm mostly into levent geiger this days

1 reply
User Profile: StormForeshadow
StormForeshadow OP November 15th, 2022

Initially I thought that this voice can't be real. It's way too smooth and high, but nope. He fricking has that voice for real.

load more
User Profile: ThadSterling
ThadSterling February 8th, 2023

@StormForeshadow

I really love Bob Dylan...I know he's fairly popular in a lot of circles, but my generation or at least the hipsters of my generation don't tend to look up to him the way previous generations did. I think he's fantastic and deserved the Nobel prize for literature, haha...

As far as other things go...I love Squarepusher, who doesn't seem to be widely known anymore, even with electronica fans...IDM itself as a genre seems to have become a niche of the 90s.

User Profile: Gettingbettertoday
Gettingbettertoday February 8th, 2023

@StormForeshadow

Here is an artist with talent that i love, but is not well know.

https://www.kristinmyersmusic.com/music

1 reply
User Profile: StormForeshadow
StormForeshadow OP February 8th, 2023

@Gettingbettertoday I must say that Tumbleweed just made my day. Thank you 😌

I also love this conversation from Ginger Slinshot. Simply great 😄

load more
User Profile: jadestone127
jadestone127 February 25th, 2023

The band Citizen Soldier. So underrated but really validating and comforting

1 reply
User Profile: StormForeshadow
StormForeshadow OP April 13th, 2023

That voice realy nicely gives weight to the lyrics. It makes it feel so much more real.

load more
User Profile: btssavedmee
btssavedmee February 25th, 2023

The singer Annie Dang. She is so awesome. She hasn't teleased many songs but you definitely listen to "Skin" by Annie Dang. We should support small artists (:

1 reply
User Profile: StormForeshadow
StormForeshadow OP April 13th, 2023

@btssavedmee I feel like I've heard company somewhere on spotify. Realy shame she hasn't released more songs. They sound realy good.

load more
User Profile: RunawayKW
RunawayKW April 9th, 2023

I really like the band Brick + Mortar, they have a really interesting style and the lead singer has an interesting voice!

1 reply
User Profile: StormForeshadow
StormForeshadow OP April 13th, 2023

Yeah, he has nice voice. Their older, less electric, congs sound nice too.

load more
User Profile: sharklovescoffee
sharklovescoffee April 9th, 2023

@StormForeshadow

for music, def Ember Falls. they're a finnish metal band i absolutely adore. top tier music

1 reply
User Profile: StormForeshadow
StormForeshadow OP April 13th, 2023

It's nice that you have your special band, that can make you feel better. It's REALY nice.

load more