Depression isn’t just sadness. It’s living in a fog that steals your sense of self. Here’s what I learned from surviving it.
There was a time when I thought my depression made me weak.
I couldn’t get out of bed. I avoided people I loved. Even the smallest tasks felt impossible. And the worst part? I hated myself for it.
It took me a long time to understand this: depression isn’t laziness or weakness. It’s an illness. And surviving it, even just by breathing through another day, is its own kind of strength.
If you’re in that place right now, I want you to know you’re not alone. I’ve been there too.
What’s one small thing that’s helped you make it through the hardest days? Even if it feels tiny, I’d love to hear what works for yall.
@syntaxofscars
Your post I totally like it. It draw big smile on my face and make my day
So thank you so much for your words ❤️❤️
What’s one small thing that’s helped you make it through the hardest days?
I have dreams and I really want to achieve it and make it real . The precious people I have in my life also🥺
And I have faith and hope in god.
What about you!
I feel this. Sometimes it's like living in a fog.
To make it through those really hard days, I just take life on things at a time. Sometimes I just live minute to minute. And I try to give myself some space to just exist.
That's kinda hard when you've got a bunch of young kids, but I'll repeat something I heard from another struggling mom: just add water. Let them have a water fight, or a bath, or pump up an inflatable pool. Join them too, if you feel up to it. It's quite a mood booster sometimes.
Other times, I will take a quiet moment and have a cu of tea. Just 10 minutes, to recharge a little.
Or sit outside and just listen to what's happening around you. Leave your phone inside.