Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Give a shout-out if you hate Thanksgiving because you have a lot of trouble dealing with your family.

User Profile: RedGiraffe44
RedGiraffe44 November 27th, 2025

You are loved and heard. I am with you. Thanksgiving and Christmas time used to be so fun as a kid but now that I am 30 and used to the dysfunction and knowledgeable of it all, I hate it. I don't relate to these people at all, my siblings are so distant from me in more ways than one and I feel so alone. My church friends have an easier, more put together time apparently (not always true at least) and I just want to leave the party but if I do, I'm going back to being by myself lonely and miserable... Doesn't help that I've had a six pack either. I don't want to be like my alcoholic dad but I am just so miserable these days. It's hard being hopeful but I believe God has good plans for me. I'm thankful for this app and all of you. Just needed to vent. Feel free to vent here too. I love you all even though I have never met you before. Thank you for being part of my mental health journey. I tell my therapist about how wonderful this app is for me. Of course, it isn't a replacement for anything, just an addition, I just pray that I can live a truly full life in every way away from dysfunction or at least healed from it so I can be a light for the lost. Take care. You are loved. Always. Even when you don't see or feel it right now, trust me. You ARE loved!

2
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 November 27th, 2025

@RedGiraffe44

I'm sorry genuinely that these are difficult times for you 💖💕

i-got-you.gif

User Profile: InvisibleFriend2000
InvisibleFriend2000 November 27th, 2025

Thanks for posting this... I am sad you are feeling bent out of shape this Thanksgiving. 😢

I hope you find better days.

I don't know but the idea of spending Thanksgiving with my family gets me worried and I don't wanna do it.

I have been sabotaged so many times for visiting family that dread is what i feel when doing it

Sending good vibes ✨️to you.. I hope next Thanksgiving is better for you.