Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I don't have control over my life, and I don't feel like I have control over my life. What happens, happens.

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 December 29th, 2024

My whole life, I just kinda go with the flow of it.  Because I don't have much control over it.  I don't have a lot of abilities, and while I'm trying do the best I can, I fall into mistakes.  I try to improve on it. Yet soon I will fall into another mistake or something someone will treat it as being worse than it is.  It makes me feel sad or depressed, or like I can't make things any better.   sigh.

16
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 December 29th, 2024

@tryingtosurvive2024

   No one really has control of their lives ... all we sort of have control of is how we react to things that pop up.   Do we push back / do we find another path  / or do we let life steamroll us.    We can learn how to be strong and face all the things life throws at us like a obstacle course.  we can be prepared the best we can and when needed we ask for a hand. 

   People give off the illusion they are in control..... they have it all planned out but life can have another plan.  I have had sudden deaths / health scares and  career setbacks.     I hope the tide turns and I can experience a windfall like a lottery LOL  but until then .......I go on,  happy I am still in the game. 


5 replies
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP December 29th, 2024

@toughTiger6481  We all got limited control. Some people seem to get more opportunities than others.

4 replies
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 December 30th, 2024

@tryingtosurvive2024 yeah that's true, some people do have more opportunities. Sometimes you got to create your own ❤

3 replies
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP December 30th, 2024

@Tinywhisper11  I don't know what to say to you about this.  I'm sorry.  🙁

2 replies
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 December 30th, 2024

@tryingtosurvive2024 we say nothing and hug ❤❤

1 reply
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP December 30th, 2024

@Tinywhisper11  I think you just like to squeeze the daylights out of us guys.  We are like oranges.  You can make orange juice out of us.  🤪

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 December 30th, 2024

@tryingtosurvive2024 hey! That's not true you can do anything you put your mind to (within reason 😁) having control over our lives may never happen, but what we do within it well that's up to us ❤ find little things that being you joy, those little things that make you smile, that's what it's all about ❤

6 replies
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP December 30th, 2024

@Tinywhisper11  Same, I feel like my brain just froze up.  🙁

5 replies
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 December 30th, 2024

@tryingtosurvive2024 you having a bad day??

4 replies
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP December 30th, 2024

@Tinywhisper11 My disability is in my brain.  If for some reason I feel over whelmed, I feel like I'm shutting down.  My thoughts become muddy.  Yesterday sadness and confusion came over me.  😵‍💫

3 replies
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 December 31st, 2024

@tryingtosurvive2024 awww sweetie 🙁 I'm so sorry😥 mental health is so hard to live alongside 🙁 I understand those feelings and bad days, just know I'm always here for you ❤ hugs you tightly ❤

2 replies
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP December 31st, 2024

@Tinywhisper11 ❤ ❤❤hugs you tightly ❤❤❤  Thank you, I hope you are doing well.  😊

1 reply
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 December 31st, 2024

@tryingtosurvive2024 yeah I'm ok ❤🙂

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: MsKarma
MsKarma December 31st, 2024

@tryingtosurvive2024 oooo I know the feeling! Sometimes we are too busy pleasing others in hopes they don't get mad or feel some sort of way about us, that we tend to ignore our own needs, wants, and desires. This makes us depressed and feel as if our lives aren't our own. I can hear the disappointment in your text. What would make you feel like YOU finally have control over YOUR ownlife?

1 reply
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP December 31st, 2024

@MsKarma  If I had more options.  I feel that my learning disability has put a ceiling over me.

load more
User Profile: akunknown
akunknown January 4th, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024

Do you wanna have more control over your own life? In my opinion I think you should bc it’s your own life. But it’s really what YOU want. 

If you’re cool with how everything currently is, ok great. 

But based on your post, it sounds like you’re not and that’s totally ok and understandable too. 

I used to believe that about myself - not having a lot of abilities. At some point in my life as I continued growing I realized that I just needed a fair opportunity to truly showcase everything I can do and discovered hidden abilities within myself that before these opportunities came along even I didn’t know I had! It could be the same thing or something similar with you.

Making mistakes and trying to improve…..mistakes are a part of all of us. No one’s perfect. Even people with so many abilities are not perfect and make mistakes too. So that’s ok bc you’re just being your normal self. Trying to improve isn’t something everyone does. Only the smart ones will and since you said you’re trying to improve, that makes you a smart and willing person. 

People treating your or anyone’s mistakes as something worse than it is are on them. Not on you. Why? Bc it’s a reflection of self improvements they need to work on. And it’s their own responsibility to realize that and start working on it by first accepting all that. 

It makes me feel sad or depressed, or like I can't make things any better.   sigh.

 While I completely understand why you feel sad or depressed or can’t make things better, I really hope things like these thoughts and feelings you currently have in yourself about yourself will sooner than later be more positive bc that in itself is a gigantically hugely big improvement for yourself that was made by yourself.

Good luck with this!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️