Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

!TW! I feel so invalid.

User Profile: rationalKiwi8421
rationalKiwi8421 2 days ago

I have struggled with my mental health my whole life, but I didnt really know I was struggling until about 14. I have been depressed since 11. I am 18 now and I struggle with self harm, but its only cat scratches and I have never attempted. Im just too chicken to do anything serious. I dont care if I die but I dont want other people to judge me. I just feel so invalid not having done anything serious like ok ur just playing it up 🥲 I also got told on once to a teacher and it was very upsetting and traumatic so I never want it to happen again so im afraid of doing something serious and having to alert someone. I told my parents id stop but I just can't. I just see so many people have attempted and I feel like if my life was really this bad why would I not do it if I wasnt faking? I dont know if any of this makes sense I just would like it off my chest. Thanks

3
User Profile: AsherTree
AsherTree 1 day ago

@rationalKiwi8421

Your feeling and fears are valid. You've chosen SH as an outlet but fear going too far with it.

We're not you're judge but we hope you choose safety and recovery over SH.

Life challenges us in so many ways, we often get swept away by all the disappointment and chaos that enters our lives.

Thank you for sharing with us, just talking things out and getting out of your head helps🌱

User Profile: rationalKiwi8421
rationalKiwi8421 OP 1 day ago

Thank you, you are so kind

load more
User Profile: pinkCherry1616
pinkCherry1616 14 hours ago

@rationalKiwi8421

I believe self-harm is serious on its own (not in a judgmental way, but from an empathy point of view). Like would you tell someone your age who does self-harm that they are just fooling around and are not really suffering? The fact that you can stop yourself from doing more by being rational about it, doesn’t measure your pain and struggle.

Wanna share a little what heaviness pushes you into self-harm? It’s real and it’s worth time and looking at it with compassion.