Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Are you a creative soul? tell us what you like to do as a creative outlet

User Profile: Laura
Laura January 23rd, 2015

do so here.

74
June 1st, 2015

I am a writer (now exclusively nonfiction & poetry). Both of which are very solitary passions. I am still moved so very much by music. I've been ahuge Counting Crows fan for years, but love everything from Laurie Anderson to Tom Waits. Right now, if you shall indulge me, I'd like to post the lyrics to The Boxer by Paul Simon. It is one of those songs that come very close to the feeling of disconnectedness and isolation we all feel at some times. If I may:


The Boxer

I am just a poor boy.
Though my story's seldom told,
I have squandered my resistance
For a pocketful of mumbles,
Such are promises
All lies and jest
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest.

When I left my home
And my family,
I was no more than a boy
In the company of strangers
In the quiet of the railway station,
Running scared,
Laying low,
Seeking out the poorer quarters
Where the ragged people go,
Looking for the places
Only they would know.

Lie-la-lie...

Asking only workman's wages
I come looking for a job,
But I get no offers,
Just a come-on from the whores
On Seventh Avenue
I do declare,
There were times when I was so
lonesome
I took some comfort there.

Lie-la-lie...

Then I'm laying out my winter clothes
And wishing I was gone,
Going home
Where the New York City winters
Aren't bleeding me,
Leading me,
Going home.

In the clearing stands a boxer,
And a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders
Of ev'ry glove that laid him down
And cut him till he cried out
In his anger and his shame,
"I am leaving, I am leaving."
But the fighter still remains

Lie-la-lie...

User Profile: affablePineapple8019
affablePineapple8019 June 18th, 2015

That is one my favorite songs :)

load more
User Profile: Anastasia04
Anastasia04 June 6th, 2015

I love to dance :) ?

User Profile: lazyKatz
lazyKatz June 11th, 2015

I like drawing and cats

load more
User Profile: LittleBones
LittleBones June 11th, 2015

I like to play the cello and clean

User Profile: vanishingpoint
vanishingpoint June 14th, 2015

Definitely a creative person as I'm in the art and design field. But writing is my primary outlet at it's more immediate and accessible for documenting my emotions and mindset :) though I find myself easily absorbed in sketching and painting as well.

User Profile: SoundoftheRain
SoundoftheRain June 18th, 2015

I've played viola for eight years and play in a really big orchestra. I also like writing poetry and I've started dabbling in songwriting, which is cathartic for me because I get to vent. Most of my lyrics are super resentful. I wrote a novel a couple of years ago and want to rewrite it, but my family doesn't approve of my writing.

User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 February 18th, 2016

@SoundoftheRain You really are multi talented yes well done to you, follow your passions.

Lucy2 smiley

load more
June 18th, 2015

I really like to draw.

User Profile: diligentPark4761
diligentPark4761 June 18th, 2015

I write fanfic, I'm a poet of sorts and I've been dabbling in writing songs.

User Profile: lazyKatz
lazyKatz June 18th, 2015

I enjoy reading and solving puzzles

User Profile: lucy2
lucy2 February 18th, 2016

Hi @diligentPark4761 I didn't realise we had such a creative set of Listeners/members/guests heresmiley hmmm...... seems my brain is hatching a plan.

Lucy2

load more
User Profile: GeorgeRG
GeorgeRG June 18th, 2015

I like drawing . Playing getar . Sing . Disagin pictures on photoshop :)

User Profile: lazyKatz
lazyKatz June 18th, 2015

I like making plans, wish I could just see them though

load more
June 21st, 2015

I love playing the guitar and I've recently been getting into Journaling alot.

User Profile: lazyKatz
lazyKatz June 21st, 2015

I like knitting specally babies clothes

load more
User Profile: Jamesialove
Jamesialove June 21st, 2015

I like to sing and write music I feel like that's very creative because if you create music that inspires people that's very creative to create something to heal others through a message

User Profile: lazyKatz
lazyKatz June 21st, 2015

I like people watching

User Profile: waterfowl
waterfowl June 22nd, 2015

Me too!

load more
load more