Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Icebreaker: As a child, what did you wish to become when you grew up? ❤️ (08/04/2020)

User Profile: Jem7Cups
Jem7Cups April 8th, 2020

Hello everyone! 😊 It's been a while. How are we all doing? Good I hope!

So I realise times are difficult, and it can be tough to keep ourselves distracted, so I've got a question for you:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

As a child, what did you wish to grow up as?

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

For me, I always wanted to be an actress or a vet. Whilst I'm neither of these things, I did love drama at school and I have a passion for animals ❤️ So I wasn't too far off the mark! 😁

What about you?

Jem 💜

83
User Profile: TheAtticusFinch
TheAtticusFinch April 9th, 2020

@Jem7Cups

As a child I wanted to be a lawyer! But now I'm leaning towards psychology or psychiatry :)

User Profile: ParalyzedElephant
ParalyzedElephant April 9th, 2020

I wanted to be a lawyer and then a journalist.

User Profile: TheAtticusFinch
TheAtticusFinch April 9th, 2020

@ParalyzedElephant

Hey same! lol

load more
User Profile: happydays447
happydays447 April 9th, 2020

@Jem7Cups well at first a teache, then it was a singer, then a zookeper, then a vet, then a modle. now i want to be an author/ artist. (in fact my profile pic is a drawing i did.)

User Profile: SkyLight1617
SkyLight1617 April 9th, 2020

@Jem7Cups A teacher

User Profile: Goldcherry2113
Goldcherry2113 April 9th, 2020

I always wanted to join the Army. I'm not allowed to nowa days and it sucks. Now I just want to be a simple homesteader.

User Profile: lazyKatz
lazyKatz May 15th, 2020

@Goldcherry2113

I was a nurse although my first wish was to train as a stable hand hopefully growing up to train race horses . I make light of it now but I was quite a good rider in my time.

load more
User Profile: Flornhope
Flornhope April 9th, 2020

I had wanted to be a Alaskan commercial fisherman since I was little. Buy age 13 it was done, buy age 18 I was on one of the best boats getting full share.

User Profile: navyBlueberry2704
navyBlueberry2704 April 9th, 2020

I wanted to be an author or a ballerina

User Profile: AnisneyRobin
AnisneyRobin April 9th, 2020

When I was little, a teacher or a ballerina. When I got a little older, a cartoon animator

User Profile: sunwardsx
sunwardsx April 9th, 2020

I wanted to become a traslator/interpreter laugh

User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo April 9th, 2020

@Jem7Cups

As for me, my intentions were to go off to school and become a biomedical engineer, the people who make pace makers, etc. I wanted to help to save lives in that way.

Lol, what an awakening! surprise I guess in high school I did quite well. I guess everyone's mind works differently. I did so great with any science course and "science related" math or statistics as somehow it just made sense, I could visualize it. Math classes, for the sake of math, well, always seemed to not be the right fit for me.

Went off to college, I did quite well as far as getting the grade goes, but the classes for math, just math for the sake of doing math, I did it, I gave them what they wanted in the math classes but didn't enjoy it at all. I knew I would have to change directions. That had to be a strong part of my dream.

Nothing wrong with changing directions and figuring it out along the way as we grow! Thanks for the great post! big *hugs* heart