Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One relationship in my life that makes me sad is......

User Profile: Laura
Laura February 8th, 2018

One relationship in my life that makes me sad is......

653
User Profile: lavenderVase2074
lavenderVase2074 February 11th, 2018

My alcoholic husband. I believe he has underlying issues that he has self medicated for years and now everything is just falling apart because he refused help when offered and the alcoholism combined with w/e underlying issues as well as years drinking and age have completely caught up with him. Everyday I have gone through some type if abuse for over 25 years. It's very rare when a day passes without it.

User Profile: lavenderVase2074
lavenderVase2074 February 11th, 2018

My eldest granddaughter . She blames the entire family for everything that has gone wrong in her life, although I was her greatest support system throughout her life and especially there for her difficult teen years. Now she no longer speaks to anyone in our family . She lives out if state , after leaving her baby's father. This causes me stress, however, I also believe that I might be more stressed if I had communication and knew what she was doing. At least now I have times when I imagine she is doing the best she can and that includes behaving as a good mother. Still I wish she'd let us be her support system . Life is hard enough, but going through it without anyone from the family who truly care for your well being, is worrisome too.

User Profile: Fightdepression
Fightdepression February 11th, 2018

My sister,she uses me for me to do all the work and she believes she does all the work even though I didn't see her move her feet at all!

User Profile: shenickgirl
shenickgirl February 11th, 2018

is the one with my father, as i have never met him or know anything about him.

1 reply
User Profile: existentialkat
existentialkat February 12th, 2018

@shenickgirl Same story with my grandmother. But let me tell you, she is the most amazing person i know and im sure that you will pull through this. If she can, so can you. Stay strong!

load more
User Profile: 6stringer
6stringer February 11th, 2018

... the current state of my marriage. Ive been with her for 12 years married for 2.5 years. 7 months ago, she started smoking weed. When we met, she hated smoking, the smell, and everything about it. It just seems like that she has to smoke all the time now. She calls me boring, lame, a square, and other manes just because I don't smoke.I honestly feel that she would rather be high than to be with me. I was invited to go to a birthday party gathering with her and I said I would go. She got all mad saying that she couldn't smoke now. While I was almost done getting ready to go, she tells me that she has to go to the living room and gather some things. Then i hear her car start and drive away leaving be behind. I'm trying so hard to put everything into this marriage. I'm scared that things are going to end soon. We've been arguing about this same thing for about 8 months.

User Profile: QwertyWerty
QwertyWerty February 11th, 2018

I have two.

My Dad. I didnt know him all that well. He was an alcoholic and prone to violence. Parents divorced & I rarely saw him after that. When I did see him, I didnt show him the real me. I showed him the version of myself that I thought he wanted to see. Partly for fear of judgement or disappointing him, & partly because I didnt want to set him off. He died when I was 16. I didnt attend the funeral because I wasnt allowed to. He hurt me so much and yet I cant help but love him. I missed the opportunity to have a Dad. I didnt get to show him the things I am most proud of. He didnt know me at all. He couldnt even spell my name correctly.

My Mother. She is or was controlling and narcissistic. When I addressed the way I felt around her, rather than work with me she laughed at me. Called me a weak. Lifes biggest disappointment for her. She then told me to fk off and left. I wish I could go back to the moment I questioned the way she treated me and take every word back. I miss having a mother. I feel alone in the world. I have no blood family now.

1 reply
User Profile: QwertyWerty
QwertyWerty February 11th, 2018

@QwertyWerty I

load more
User Profile: Paintnclouds
Paintnclouds February 11th, 2018

My ex fiancé. I'm trying to establish emotional and physical boundaries, but he doesn't seem to understand. Every time I think I hear him coming down the hallway my whole body tenses up like I'm scared or something. He still wants to talk about all his problems/feelings with me but I just can't be that person for him anymore.

User Profile: kindWheel5926
kindWheel5926 February 11th, 2018

My best friend. She will no longer speak to me.

User Profile: MindyQueen
MindyQueen February 11th, 2018

I lost my soulmate because we were both stupid but I often blame only myself

1 reply
User Profile: magnesiuum
magnesiuum February 11th, 2018

@MindyQueen if you don't mind me asking, what happened?

load more
User Profile: magnesiuum
magnesiuum February 11th, 2018

My ex girlfriend. We dated from October 2016-June 2017, and then she got a boyfriend two weeks later so I figured our time meant nothing to her. And then yesterday, she posted videos of her burning everything I gave her saying things like, "thanks for wasting eight months of my life", "thanks for loving me when you wanted to", and "thanks for all the arguing and bitching." So that stung a little. I'm just confused as to why she waited so long to get rid of my stuff. I got rid of hers about three months after the breakup because I was still hopelessly in love with her, and have finally moved on. Hope she's happy with her boyfriend.

1 reply
load more