Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One relationship in my life that makes me sad is......

User Profile: Laura
Laura February 8th, 2018

One relationship in my life that makes me sad is......

653
User Profile: rowann
rowann February 12th, 2018

my relationship, or lack there of, an old friend. we used to be so close then all of a sudden he stopped talking to me.

User Profile: pluckyFarm5111
pluckyFarm5111 February 12th, 2018

My big sister. The fact that she's still in my life keeps me from forgetting all the bad things she did.

User Profile: SuperWhoLock89
SuperWhoLock89 February 12th, 2018

To be honest, I wish I had a better relationship with my mom. I know she wants the best for me, but sometimes shes a helicopter parent. If she doesnt approve of something, she makes me miserable about it. I wish she could love and accept me for the person I am, instead of trying to make me into the person she imagined I would grow up to be. When Im with her, I feel like I have to walk on eggshells around her—Im afraid to do or say something that will anger her. I try to placate her, but anything can set her off. I just want her and I to have a normal parent/child relationship. It makes me sad that she says hurtful things then tries to say she does it out of love.

User Profile: Quietone8717
Quietone8717 February 12th, 2018

Past relationships with people (mostly males) who I thought I could trust but wound up hurt by them and then find myself hurting others because I can't seem to fully get past the pain I've been through. My past shows I can't trust my own judgement with people, thinking about those relationships I had bring me sadness and keeps me from feeling like I could ever have a different outcome

User Profile: swilliams12
swilliams12 February 12th, 2018

my parents. ive blamed them for a lot of things in my life and i know that they arent good parents by any means but i cant just give up the love i feel for them ( i genuinely shouldnt). theyre the only parents im ever going to have and im really reaching for a connection but the relationship between us is over, and that really makes me sad.

User Profile: shelbykat17
shelbykat17 February 12th, 2018

Sometimes my mom can be my best friend, but sometimes she can be my worst enemy. She calls me names, very bad names, is mean to me, controls my life, and just hurts my feelings and complains about everything 24/7. I

1 reply
User Profile: Quietone8717
Quietone8717 February 12th, 2018

@shelbykat17 I don't think that's bad, it just states where your relationship truly is, it's not in a good place and perhaps you both need to talk. I felt the same way about my dad in a lot of ways except we weren't friends, in fact we weren't anything in my eyes for a long time, I felt that even though I loved my dad I wouldn't really miss him all to much if he was gone and I didn't like that I felt that way, so I decided to learn to forgive him for the way he was and figure out how to honor him yet not give him the power to tear me down the way he did. I don't think he even realized how much his words hurt, I found out later that to him he was trying to help me in his own way but didn't understand that wasn't the way. I still don't have the courage to tell my dad how I really feel about us but I have talked to him about other things and thankfully stuff has slowly changed. I pray that things can get better for you and your mom, perhaps there are things in her past that cause her to think that how she is treating you is okay, she needs to know its not so healing can start now and not later

but that's just my opinion :) Take care!

load more
User Profile: Morph2
Morph2 February 12th, 2018

A past relationship that I thought was

2 replies
User Profile: pioneeringPal9009
pioneeringPal9009 February 12th, 2018

@Morph2 I know what you mean something held to tight especially Love can smother a relationship been married twice 25 years alienated everyone around me PTSD with toxic people add alcohol not good you work on loving you your worth it Christ knows tell yourself your worth loving everyday I wish I could take my own advice Good 🌃

1 reply
User Profile: Morph2
Morph2 February 13th, 2018

@pioneeringPal9009

your words definitely brightened my day. We were together, off and on for a few years and I alienated myself from my own family, I was always around him, but I never felt happy, I felt emotionally drained...until one day, help came and I realized what you said was true. Im learning my own self-worth now, but at the same time I do wish I had a bf, even though I enjoy this time on finding myself again.

load more
load more
User Profile: totallydepressed
totallydepressed February 12th, 2018

None everyone thinks i'm ugly ; (

i'm just a ugly bisexual girl

2 replies
User Profile: JGT1200
JGT1200 February 12th, 2018

@totallydepressed

I dont believe that. You are beautiful

1 reply
User Profile: totallydepressed
totallydepressed February 12th, 2018

@JGT1200

Even my family says it, Their was this one guy I liked who i lost my virginity to. He said he was only with me because of a bet he wanted to win. I never even lost my virginty because i wanted to, I did so he would like me ; (

load more
load more
User Profile: loislne
loislne February 12th, 2018

One relationship that makes me sad is...

My relationship with the man I love. I am constantly torn. I have been making every attempt to lessen the fights and to communicate with him better, however, our relationship is toxic. I want to make it work, and I have been seeking help yet I feel that he hasn't been giving me the 50% which I require of him so that I could meet him half way. It is evident that he is still in love with me, and I am still in love with him but I'm not quite sure what else to do. I hope only to save our relationship. I have BPD and I have been receiving therapy, yet at times I feel like he has the tendency to trigger me and I'm not quite sure if he's doing his best to stop this as he claims to be doing. I have been very patient with him but I'm not quite sure how long this will last until our fights begin to worsen again.

User Profile: Aryaaraw
Aryaaraw February 12th, 2018

It was so perfect, but I messed it up and found out he wasn't that understanding as I thought he was. My responses to everything were different but he didn't got that it was my way of caring. I haven't been in any relationship after that, that broke my heart but I still miss it.

2 replies
User Profile: pioneeringPal9009
pioneeringPal9009 February 12th, 2018

@Aryaaraw I was the best friend you could ever have relationships start as friendships when I do make friends or date I always pick toxic people I wish I could just go on dates and enjoy the day with with a friend good luck

1 reply
User Profile: Aryaaraw
Aryaaraw February 12th, 2018

@pioneeringPal9009 good luck to you too

load more
load more