One relationship in my life that makes me sad is......
Self: ultimately the buck stops with me. I wish I had more courage to accept the consequences of being me.
The fact that I cant talk to my dad
The one between my baby's father an I.
Husband and i
My stepfather.
My relationship with myself
Everything
My relationship with the world around me. Some days it just seems like everyone is an arrogant, selfish douchebag and I just cant deal with it.
My relationship with my father. He always criticized me and made me feel so bad about myself, but now he's been trying to be a "good father", probably to make up for the divorce and for not paying child support. It makes me so confused because I don't know if he really cares about me the way a father should.
@CamiButterfly your father really does love you. Hes probably not good at expressing it. Hes trying. Make sure you establish healthy boundaries with him and proceed slowly. Im sorry this relationship is so sad and confusing. I understand how painful it feels. Been through it myself with my own father. Hang in there!
@CamiButterfly
I totally know how you feel. I have been in this position, and I literally sent him an email saying how I felt, that the way he criticized me was destroying our relationship and with time he changed a lot. He also didn't pay support for a few years and I called him out on that too and now he still gives me money and we have a great relationship. From what you are saying it seems he is changing. So try to trust him slowly :) and you can develop an amazing relationship with him.I wish you two the best <3
My dad -
He was very abusive when I was a child...and now, as an adult, it makes me so sad to see there is such a lack of connection between us.
I know he loves me - somewhere, somehow...but can not / does not know how to show it.
He , to this day, and not on purpose ( and I am NOT making excuses for him) can be very emotionally abusive. But - I have FINALLY learned to set boundaries and keep him in my life but not in a place where I can be hurt.
I wish I could have a better relationship with him and I have tried, but he will not try back - and when he does - it just is not enough to stop him from turning a cold shoulder to me the next minute - no consistancy.
I wish I could reapir this. But, it takes two people to work on a relationship and he is not ready.
When and if he is - I am willing to try again, but until then - he is at an arms length and there are big boundaries I have to lay out.
@blissedNblessed I