Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One relationship in my life that makes me sad is......

User Profile: Laura
Laura February 8th, 2018

One relationship in my life that makes me sad is......

653
User Profile: StayStrongImHereICareILoveYou
StayStrongImHereICareILoveYou February 9th, 2018

My family. Parents and sister physically, emotionally, and mentally abused me and claim they are sorry now. Im not buying it.

User Profile: rojogato
rojogato February 9th, 2018

My boyfriend, I cant even have a simple conversation with him. I havent seen my friends in years and I have no one to talk to anymore. Hes not getting better or improving as a person. He blames everything that goes wrong on me even if he purposely makes mistakes. He always tells me I need to be helping him find things he keeps losing and to remember his passwords and check his emails. Hes always jumping to conclusions and assuming. Im so stressed that my hair is falling out and I cant sleep well. I havent slept well in a very long time. This morning I was finally having a dream and he woke me up and wouldnt let me go back to sleep and didnt care that Im exhausted. Im close to giving up on him.

1 reply
User Profile: cathrynmonroe
cathrynmonroe February 9th, 2018

@rojogato Hey, I just want to let you know that this behavior of his is not okay at all. It sounds like a form of emotional abuse, and I think you should really consider your own happiness when you think about your relationship. Best of luck💕

load more
User Profile: crimsonGrapefruit1323
crimsonGrapefruit1323 February 9th, 2018

My grandfather passed away in December from cancer.

User Profile: passionateMango2156
passionateMango2156 February 9th, 2018

For sure my relationship with my mother makes me sad. She's depressed too but unwilling to get help. I live with her and being around her tends to trigger my depression or anxiety. I spend a lot of time in my room or studying at my college campus.

User Profile: ruffneckred
ruffneckred February 9th, 2018

ha, just one? failed marriage, estranged kids, toxic family... FML

User Profile: selfconfidentFan2887
selfconfidentFan2887 February 9th, 2018

for me its the relationship with my dad.

User Profile: RecoveringFlower
RecoveringFlower February 9th, 2018

My father. Since my mother Isn

User Profile: Jenjen17
Jenjen17 February 9th, 2018

The one I have with myself.

I dont know how to love myself and I keep putting myself in bad situations thinking it will make me feel better but it never does.

I got myself into a quick marriage that turned out to be sexually, emotionally, and physically abusive. The only thing that got me out was my amazing son.

Im now in a new wonderful relationship but Im so bad at learning how to love myself Im screwing this relationship up too. I get so mad at nothing and its tearing my relationship apart with my new fiancé.

I wish I could change myself. I just dont know how.

User Profile: Minimack
Minimack February 9th, 2018

The lack of a true friendship. Most relationships, I have come to realize, are not so deep. The people I thought were my friends come and go.

4 replies
User Profile: Amsparkle18
Amsparkle18 February 9th, 2018

@Minimack I feel the same way, some people can have friends for there hole life but seems like its different for me and by the sounds of it for you to.

2 replies
User Profile: Minimack
Minimack February 9th, 2018

@selfdisciplinedAcai2697 it's very difficult sometimes

1 reply
User Profile: Amsparkle18
Amsparkle18 February 9th, 2018

@Minimack yah witch can be completely understanding , I feel you.

But you gotta be positive and think to yourself you did the best you can. Most people tend to come and go but dont let that effet your happiness!

Easier said then done I know

load more
load more
User Profile: sensitiveHickory7338
sensitiveHickory7338 February 9th, 2018

@Minimack

This is me as well. Also I learned that most of the " really close friends" I had were people who liked me. So when their crush ended they left.

load more
User Profile: CautiousUniorn373
CautiousUniorn373 February 9th, 2018

My relationship with my closest friend. I'm pretty attached to him, as in "little lost puppy dog that follows you around everywhere" attached. I know it's annoying as heck and I should restrain myself from doing that, but it feels like I just can't help it. I've fallen in love with my best friend and it makes me sad to overthink what I am to him every night. I'm so lonely, and it feels absolutely pathetic to cry myself to sleep night after night, waiting for a simple text message at any hour.

I'm desperate and I hate it, and I feel absolutely ridiculous whining about my puny love life while everyone else on this thread seems to have actual problems (as in, abusive relationships and such). Hopefully I'll grow out of this soon, but for now I just feel pathetic.