Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I have friends and people to talk but still feel lonely inside

User Profile: rationalPineapple3818
rationalPineapple3818 January 24th, 2020

I went through a hard break up it's been a year and I am still friends with him and being friend to that person is so hard specially when you can see he doesn't have any problem like he never loved me. It was easy for him to become friends. I have tried not to talk to him and I end up talking to him eventually. I am talking to new people but seems like it's hard for me to love any one ever again.

4
User Profile: Ahlex
Ahlex January 24th, 2020

@rationalPineapple3818

The more you hold onto him, the harder it will be to move on though.

User Profile: Peacefulgardens
Peacefulgardens February 14th, 2020

@rationalPineapple3818 It's really hard to work on letting go of someone when you feel so strongly attached to them and nothing else seems to compare to the validation you get from them so you keep reaching out and then feeling terrible because they don't show they care as much as you want them too... You will meet more people who you love over time and learn to have an easier time accepting love from people in the future but for now, all you can do is try to build up your self esteem and learn to live independently while giving yourself some of the love you need.

What about him do you think makes you so attached? What traits of his would you want to look for in other, new people? What makes it so hard to let him go? How can you work on appreciating what you currently have without him as involved? What makes you doubt he cares about you? What's a way you can deal with difficult situations without reaching out to him? What's the worst case scenario that you think could come of this? What's the best case scenario you'd want to happen? These are all things that you may want to reflect on.

I promise that love is very possible and present even though it feels hopeless when we're attached to someone distant. I promise that you'll be able to be in a happier and better situation in the future as long as you make an effort to keep improving and coming onto this site to vent and speak to listeners is a great way to do that.

You deserve love and support, just because he isn't giving it to you doesn't mean its absolutely impossible to be emotionally satisfied in other ways. I wish you the best.