Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mental health and the Holidays-a BBC blog article

User Profile: StJaume
StJaume December 20th, 2014

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-30433361

This came up while I was reading the BBC tonight. It deals with, as the title suggests, Depression during the holiday season. Although depression is in the main title, the article's author lays out how she plans to tackle her bipolar disorder as well during this time of year. I am not sure if I should post this to that forum as well.

Either way, I hope that whoever reads this may find it and its perspectives useful.

Happy, healthy holidays,

StJaume

3
User Profile: creativePlane20
creativePlane20 December 20th, 2014

heartThis is a blessing. l've been desperately looking for someone to relate to. You have bipolar disorder too . lt feels good knowing im not along and wef ace the same struggles. I have a hard time dealing with my depression, insecurities and ect ect.. l just wonder how oters do it.. to get work done, show up at work.. ect ect.. lm having a REALLY HARD TIME, I.. feel like we could really relate. lf you ever need anyone to talk to.. im here

1 reply
User Profile: StJaume
StJaume OP December 20th, 2014

I don't have bipolar disorder...I was just sharing the article. :S

load more
User Profile: SpaceOpera5440
SpaceOpera5440 December 20th, 2014

I have Schizoaffective Disorder, which manifests itself in me as rapid cycling Bipolar, plus Schizophrenia. I take medication to control both, (and that works well) and am here to listen and support those among you that have flavors of this, or Military veterans (I served 9 years).