Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I feel numb

Hi I'm 16, it's been two weeks I been on antidepressants, I feel so numb like a robot my days will so much longer and boring. I can do anything my old self wanted ive have time to do my hobbies but it really doesn't excite it , I have anxiety attacks when I'm doing nothing, i just want that familiar comforting feeling of wasting my time like i used to back then i wonder if this will get better 

2
User Profile: River
River 1 day ago

@limegreenPerson8026

Hello, 

Thank you for sharing with us. I hear you. That sounds really frustrating and unsettling, especially when you're already dealing with anxiety on top of it. 

I'm wondering if you've had a chance to talk to the doctor who prescribed your medication about it. It's good to let them know how you've been feeling after starting a medication, especially if these feelings are new or getting worse when you are just starting on medications. You don't have to figure that part out on your own, either. We are always here to listen too. 💚

User Profile: Minimum00
Minimum00 1 day ago

@limegreenPerson8026 You will have a beautiful life in the future. Hugs to you. I'm still having thoughts when I'm doing nothing, too. You will miss the boredom when you find something that changes your life the way you love.