New to the Depression Community in May 2018? Say Hello here! And get to know others who joined in May too!
New to the Depression Community in May 2018? Say Hello here! And get to know others who joined in May too!
I just joined today too. Dealing with anxiety and depression for about a year now. Today was a rough day for me. I thought things were going better and then today I was worse again. Hoping tomorrow will be a step forward. Just looking to connect with people who understand. I enjoy talking to others who have same experiences as myself. Im not understood by many of my friends so its difficult to talk to them. I hope Im in the right place.
Hello everyone, this is my first day. I have hit an all time low with my depression and Im reaching and grasping for any help that I can find. I have ultimately been depressed for over 24 years. However last two years I would have to say my depression has spiraled to a new level. I dont want to leave my house, I dont want to go to the grocery store, I dont and cant go to work. I am on the verge of losing my job. Just going to the store and hearing babies crying, or older people walking in front of me and stopping, I just want to lose my you know what. I have never been that kind of person. Ive always been the first one to jump up and give an older Person help. Or I would always love to see with a crying baby. I feel like such a horrible person for saying this stuff out loud. Because its not me. I dont leave my house anymore. I alienate myself from everybody and everything. I have been on every medication known person help. Or I would always love to see with a crying baby. I feel like such a horrible person for saying the stuff out loud. Because its not me. I dont leave my house anymore. I alienate myself from everybody and everything. I have been on every medication known ( ok maybe not, but it feels like it) feel there is no more help. I have never been or never will be suicidal as that just has never crossed my mind. However I have to say that I am not living. I am existing. I am jealous to look on Facebook or any social media and seeing people out there enjoying themselves and having fun. Everybody at work cannot wait to get to Friday so they can go and have a good time with their family and friends. For me, I cant wait to get to Friday so I can lay in bed all weekend. Its pathetic. So I am on here hoping that I can connect with people who can relate to some of my issues probably not all of them because theyre pretty horrific I would say. I guess Im just reaching out seeing whats out there. Trying to find that kmot at the end of the rope! I hope everyone stays safe. God bless.
I do have one more question I want to make sure that I am in the right place. As I thumbed through this I see that theres a lot of teenagers which is perfectly OK and actually great to see you, but I just dont want to be in a teenage only group. As Im 43 years old. So I would ask that if I am in the wrong place with somebody please alert me. Thank you
@Going2Bbetter Im 47 and would love to chat with you. You are not a horrible person. You just arent where you want to be right now. I completely understand. I alienate myself and cant leave the house either. Today I couldnt make it to the grocery store. My husband doesnt understand and thats rough. I fake it for my kids but inside I am a mess. I do work but once that is over I just sit around and wait for night to come because when I am sleeping there is no pain.
@Going2Bbetter I get you. I am 32 (I was also wondering about the teenager thing). I just joined yesterday. There is nothing wrong with me on the surface, not a single person I know can tell just how terrible I feel inside. It's been like this since I was 12 or 13. I get going alright for a while then I guess I hit a dip or a low and it feels like the lowest I've ever been (though that is likely not true). I've hit a major depressive dip again and, like you, I am done with medication. I've tried therapists on and off over the years but it never really goes anywhere. Mostly because it's expensive and I don't have the funds or the patience to keep going for the months and years it takes to see any progress. I am at a point in my life where just giving up and laying on the bed staring at the wall just isn't even a remote possibility. Years ago I could just take some days off of work (or quit if I was feeling especially self-destructive), skip school and turn off my phone until I could pull myself together. But it's a little more difficult when there are bills to pay and people to care for. Leaves a lot less room for the depression to run its course. I can barely do the dishes and there's no way I'll go to the grocery store. Doing my hair feels like this enormous mountain I have to climb and some days I just can't spare the energy. I avoid people because I feel like I could cry at the drop of a hat and I wouldn't even know how to begin explaining that one away. Anyway, you're definitely not alone.
@Rose Hello everyone I'm so down since my wife left me...
Hello Everyone,
My common law spouse left me and I miss her and I'm so lonely. I hope the despair leaves me soon as I am really struggling. Sorry for being such a downer but dealing with depression my whole life and then this happening has just devestated me.
Hello, I just joined yesterday. I've been dealing with depression for...20 years. Most of those years it's been severe. It ebbs and flows.
I've been dealing with it for a long time as well. I know there is a reason for it just like everything and it helps to know you can build emotions that are stronger and better tham deprewssion and sadness.
dont worries
Same here
Hey, I just started using this app even though I think I've technically had it for a while now. I struggle with depression and anxiety, and being introverted makes it very difficult for me to talk about this kind of stuff out loud. I'm really glad to have found this app and the community within it.
@amusingBlackberry5652 I am the same way.
@raspberryLime9112 it really makes it difficult to talk about what is going on huh? I try to push myself to talk more with the people I'm close to, but it's a challenge every time! This kind of forum though makes it a little easier! I hope it's helping you too!
Hi I'm new to this and I struggle with anxiety and depression. I've dealt with both of these issues for as long as i can remember but only just realized what they were a few years ago. I also struggle with opening up to people, so even just posting this is kind of challenging for me. I'm glad to have found this community, and look forward to the journey.
@amusingBlackberry5652 Hey there. I'm new to the subcommunity as well, but have struggled in a similar way to you. I'm glad you've found this place, and I hope you find yourself welcomed and supported here.
@anotherbrightplace thank you! It is definitely challenging and complicates the anxiety and depression. I'm so glad you found this too! Forums definitely make it easier to open up to people!
@amusingBlackberry5652you're welcome! <3 I'm glad to be on this forum.
I just joined today. Still not exactly sure how this all works, but I do know that I feel like I
@Anonash This is very relatable for me and part of the depression. I feel like two different people. One of them wants to live a full and happy life and the other one wants to just sleep and cry. I hope you do better soon. :)
I downloaded this app and it feels like a huge first step for me.
I try to convince myself Im not depressed because I dont have textbook symptoms. Im not hopeless and I dont ponder self harm. I know I have a lot to be thankful for and I do find happiness in my life.
However, I struggle to wake up in the morning and go to bed at night. I love boxing and hanging out with my friends but I rarely do. Its so hard for me to stay motivated and committed. I live a very fortunate and happy life but something is missing.
I lie to doctors and on the depression tests and I dont know why. Ive scheduled multiple therapy sessions but I skip at the last minute.
How do you finally make that leap and get help?
@limeJet913 I started off the same way, not a textbook case of depression. I started with my boss, I felt like I could talk to her about anything and everything. I went into her office and started bawling. That was about two years ago, I just started going to therapy two months ago. I dont know that this will be helpful, but youll know when you need to make the next step. I cant explain it, but you just know.
Congragulations on making this first step though. 👏🏼
so i've been transferred to a new school since my last post. so far, its ok but i'm over woring food service. i'm now working on getting a job in the hospital as i want to start working on my pre-med science classes. I've also been severly stressed out and isolating myself due to all the work-related stress. If i'm not working, i'm alone mostly and it sucks. Out of all my friends, i'm the only one who is kid free and can actually enjoy whats left of my 20s. I think i want to make new friends but i'm not sure how since i graduated college last year. I don't want to feel alone anymore.