Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to the Depression Community in May 2018? Say Hello here! And get to know others who joined in May too!

User Profile: Rose
Rose May 3rd, 2018

New to the Depression Community in May 2018? Say Hello here! And get to know others who joined in May too!

98
User Profile: introvertedhappiness
introvertedhappiness May 21st, 2018

Hello, I suppose. I just joined tonight, and I've been dealing with depression for about a year and a half now... It's really taken it's toll. But I'm trying my best to improve and work on it, so I guess that's good. heart

User Profile: lovingPenny5232
lovingPenny5232 May 21st, 2018

Hi there. Ive been really struggling to get out of bed. I think Im in the midst of a depressive episode. Every morning I get up, and I might make it to the bathroom or to get some water but I just end up back in bed. Im sleeping at least 10 hours a night and then taking additional naps and for the rest of the time awake I am still lying in bed. What do I do? How can I make the step to just get out of bed? All advice appreciated heart

1 reply
User Profile: adaptableOrange6031
adaptableOrange6031 May 22nd, 2018

@lovingPenny5232 I am not a genius, and I used to be depressed, honestly do not know what snapped me out of it, but I would say things that I think might help to feel a little bit more possitive, drink chocolate milkshake, read about other people and there issues with depression, talk with/to a therapist who understands what it feels like and who specializes in depression, and look yourself in the mirror at least once a day and say I am good just the way I am, and at first it might not make you feel better, but with time it might.

load more
User Profile: LouAeris
LouAeris May 22nd, 2018

How is it still/already may?

I swear time has lost all meaning.

User Profile: Idekanym0re
Idekanym0re May 22nd, 2018

Hey,

I just joined a few minutes ago. I've been struggling with numbness, anxiety, loss of interest etc for a few years now with variying levels of intensity.. I guess I just need someone to talk to. Also, please forgive my spelling mistakes if there are any, I can't English right now.

User Profile: Leavethe99
Leavethe99 May 22nd, 2018

Hi there! My name is Renee and I've joined 7Cups as a listener who specializes in several concerns including Depression. I have battled with my own chronic depression since I was 12 years old. It's getting better day by day but still takes it's fair share of battles.

I live in Washington State but am moving to Florida next year. My husband and I have a daughter and a dog who are both spoiled. We enjoy camping, hiking, being at the beach, and cooking together. Nice to meet you all!

User Profile: peacheye
peacheye May 23rd, 2018

hi, i just joined today. i've struggled with depression for 10 years. it comes and goes and right now it's very bad. i haven't felt this alone in i don't even know how long. i have nobody to turn to and i have nobody that cares about me. i came here as a last resort hoping to find someone to talk to.

User Profile: Raizaider
Raizaider May 23rd, 2018

Hi. I'm new to this. I've been diagnosed with major depressive disorder for 8 years. I'm having a rough go of it lately. I have been thinking more and more of suicide but I'm afraid to tell my therapist. I dont wanna go to a hospital. I need help, but I dont know where to get it.

1 reply
User Profile: littleWillow3007
littleWillow3007 May 28th, 2018

@Raizaider

I was scared of going to a hospital but it turned out to be a great help. Though talking to your therapist doesn't mean that you will be automatically hospitalized, it may make you feel better just being understood and listened to. I know the worst part for me was that nobody took me seriously, and I was afraid my therapist wouldn't either, but she did. Please don't give up on yourself heart

load more
User Profile: braveGrapefruit7609
braveGrapefruit7609 May 25th, 2018

Hello

1 reply
User Profile: littleWillow3007
littleWillow3007 May 28th, 2018

@braveGrapefruit7609

Hey :)

load more
User Profile: Daisies18
Daisies18 May 27th, 2018

Hi, Ive been on 7 cups for a few weeks now, Ive had good chats with a few listeners but Im still confused. Im questioning a lot of things in my life and its making my depression come back. Ive been diagnosed about 3 years ago with a mild depression. Since then, I found a job I liked and its started helping me get better. My husband had been working away for most of our relationship and he is now back home which I happy he is but it changed a lot of things, like the income that he brings home. This has been a big adjustment for me especially since after Christmas where things got a little tighter. Since then, I struggle to keep it together. I dont know what to cook for meals and Im trying to make sure we dont have to eat put put too often. Just sitting there and plan the meal on the budget I have takes a lot of my energy and I cant handle it. I also almost always think of our financial situation and it gets me stressed and worried. I see items in the house getting low in stock and I start to worry about having to buy that item and anything like that. Ive applied for a part time job in real estate but Im still waiting on news from them, if I can get that job, Im hoping it will help us but the wait time is killing me. All of this is also affecting my relation with my husband which makes everything a bit harder to handle. Thanks for your help!

User Profile: ChefKade
ChefKade May 27th, 2018

Just joined today, and excited to meet all of you, support yall, and receive support in return. happy day!

1 reply
User Profile: Jesse003
Jesse003 May 28th, 2018

@BlakeTheRoyalPain We are very excited to have you here!

load more