Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What does the # on the scale mean to you?

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 10th, 2014

Share here.

35
User Profile: mangaka
mangaka August 1st, 2015

it's a number. jesus, that's all it is ._. . my number changes all the time. i get concerned with how underweight i am, but i don't stress over it. i remind myself that i'm beautiful, i'm okay, and that this number is not all i am. i have my personality, i have my looks, and spirit. the world is not over, and i can change this number. i fix myself. i eat protein, more fulfilling healthy meals, etc. i have doubts about myself, i feel like this fat pig whenever i eat sweets, but i remind myself the doctor said i was fine, people said i have a perfect weight, and i am okay in the scale. i just need the reminders, the right food and exercise, therapy along the way also helps. for all of you struggling with weight, please pay attention to this especially : you are not what a number says. don't define yourself by one. your number is literally 1/31 of what you are, it shouldn't take 31/31 of your mind. you can always change this number, don't give up on any goal or vision you have. stay strong, you're all fab :3

User Profile: imaginativeMoon
imaginativeMoon August 1st, 2015

It means I need to keep working hard, and actually get on some sort of system so I will lose weight. I constantly feel heavier than I am, despite people telling me I look beautiful, sexy, attractive, and healthy. I do not feel that way, and want to improve on my body so I can feel comfortable in my own skin.

August 1st, 2015

To me, the number on the scale is something I am constantly working to change. It dictates success for me and my worth as a person. I am feeling like I am never good enough; I need to lose more weight to be closer to perfection. It drives me crazy.

User Profile: MidniteAngel
MidniteAngel August 3rd, 2015

I personally never have counted calories or even weighed myself on the scales - I only check the scales once every year haha. But the numbers don't mean anything. I looked at certain traits instead. I have a BMI of 16 - but I don't care. I want a flat stomach, a thigh gap, hip bones, cheek bones. I don't care if I'm 60 pounds or 150 - as long as I have those traits I'm happy. But I'm going to change that - I don't want to be controlled by my flaws, I'm going to accept all my perfections and imperfections rather than try to change them.

User Profile: T0RNAPART
T0RNAPART August 3rd, 2015

It means progress, working towards my goal. But it can sometimes mean shame, just depends on what my mood is when i step on

User Profile: mags7121
mags7121 November 4th, 2015

It means the difference between a good or a bad day it determines my worth it determines whether or not I feel triggered to purge that day. I am working on changing all these things because I know it's wrong to think this way but it's been one of the hardest parts of my recovery.

User Profile: thalia14
thalia14 November 28th, 2015

I'm not a huge fan of mathematics, but I would love and hate to thank it for teaching me how to count. I feel like all I do is count numbers, and it's has turned into a dangerous game of how low can you go? can I weigh even less? can I eat even less? the only exception to this rule is how long I exercise. Can I do it even longer? faster? The number on the scale determines my self worth. The lower it goes, the happier I am. And sometimes that's a scary thought in the middle of the night.

User Profile: DancingAlong
DancingAlong December 13th, 2015

The number on the scale scares me, but I need to know it. I get so much anxiety around that number. I no longer own a scale, but one of my roommates does and sometimes late at night I want so badly to sneak down and look at my number.

User Profile: Chillybones01
Chillybones01 January 11th, 2016

The numbers mean all. Means if Im having a good day or a bad day. It is my worth, it is a disappointment and at the same time, a moment to be proud

User Profile: Avs
Avs January 12th, 2016

It means that I need to try harder