Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is one thing you wish your family knew/understood about anorexia that they don't?

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 10th, 2014

Share with the community here.

34
User Profile: Dianaymia1991
Dianaymia1991 April 10th, 2015

Holasoyanorexicaybulimicadesdelos 16asmegustarconocerpersonasquehallanpasadoporestoo loestenpasando.Muchosbesos!!!

User Profile: Mike511
Mike511 April 25th, 2015

I dont have anorexia but I can say that my parents look at it the way many people do. Not only do they think its always a choice but also that it only affects females.

User Profile: Bluejellybeans
Bluejellybeans April 25th, 2015

That it's not a choose

User Profile: abbyjackson
abbyjackson April 27th, 2015

I wish my parents and friends could understand that this isn't a phase, it's a disorder.

User Profile: HappyRabbit3
HappyRabbit3 April 27th, 2015

I wish people knew it was more of a mental disorder and also the severity of an illness it is.

User Profile: LovelyPeople
LovelyPeople April 28th, 2015

It's not easy to stop.

User Profile: ThisOnePerson
ThisOnePerson April 28th, 2015

That even after you're better you're still not better

User Profile: abyssopelagic
abyssopelagic April 29th, 2015

That telling me that I look a bit healthier than I did last month, makes me feel disgusting (dont know if this goes for everyone) but it sets me sooo far back.

User Profile: SingingSnakesss
SingingSnakesss May 16th, 2015

That i don't want to recover. I'd rather die.

User Profile: sparklzlover2001
sparklzlover2001 May 22nd, 2015

I don't really know if I haveanorexiabut my I hate the way I I starve mymyself and i can't gain weight ive lost 30 lbs in 3 weeks and I wish my parents knew that its hard to pick up a spoon and start eating.