Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

am i just lazy? (tw for disordered eating + lack of self care)

User Profile: cammyleigh123
cammyleigh123 3 days ago

ive been counting my calories a lot and my mom and her boyfriend (I call him my stepdad bc he's been with her since I was 7) both know and kinda make fun of it.. like my stepdad'll make comments like.. idk here's an example

"ugh that cake was so good I regret it so bad"

"well you know what they say, food tastes better the second time around haha"

"what?"

"binge n' purge n' binge n' purge" (he kinda chanted it?? it was weird..

so he knows and then he says stuff like that and then he'll see me counting calories at the store and he's like "it's be so much easier to lose weight if you weren't so lazy" and then other times he'll poke me in the stomach..

and then he has a Google tablet by the dinner table and it cycles through a bunch of family photos and I just want to cry every time I see a picture of myself on it and I've said that a lot and then I said it again last week and he was like 

"yeah.. I was gonna take those down but then I was like "nah" so I kept them up."

"oh. can you pretty please take them down?"

"nope. its good motivation"

idk if I'm being sensitive or not.. advice is welcome and appreciated :)

4
User Profile: AsherTree
AsherTree 2 days ago

@cammyleigh123

Your trying to manage your weight and it sounds like he not supportive. 

I will say that you shouldn't pay attention to negative harmful people. 

You are a blessing whatever your weight is... please keep being kind to yourself.. 🌲

1 reply
User Profile: cammyleigh123
cammyleigh123 OP 2 days ago

@AsherTree

thank you for your support and thoughts ^^ 

load more
User Profile: MaryButterfly2002
MaryButterfly2002 12 hours ago

@cammyleigh123

I'm sorry your family is not supportive. It must be so hurtful to get all those comments, especially when you're in such a vulnerable place already, battling with your weight. You're definitely NOT being oversensitive. What you feel about your stepdad's behavior is completely valid and understandable. How would you prefer to act in those situations? What do you think would be best for your mental health?

1 reply
User Profile: cammyleigh123
cammyleigh123 OP 9 hours ago

@MaryButterfly2002

I want to be able to stand up for myself but whenever I try it just turns into an argument and him calling me stupid or crazy or whatever..

I think I'm just gonna try to ignore it.

load more