Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling better after binge eating

User Profile: Friend1yDuckling
Friend1yDuckling September 20th

Hi! I’m a listener, and I’ve had a lot of binging problems. The worst part for me was the aftermath of the binging. I would feel guilty and like I had messed up. It was a horrible experience, but over time, I learned how to handle the aftermath of when I would binge.

  • First, I’d change into some baggy clothes, or, any clothes that I find comfortable. It doesn’t do you any good if you feel uncomfortable in your clothes.

  • Then, I’d drink water. I don’t fully know why, but it always helps me.

  • After that I’d normally just go to bed, or at least do something calming, like watching a show, reading, etc.

  • Now here comes the hardest part…I wouldn’t restrict my food intake the next day. It honestly just makes your body feel worse, and leads to another binge cycle

How do you deal with the aftermath of binge eating?

3
User Profile: Supporturself00
Supporturself00 September 24th

@Friend1yDuckling

Dear Beloved,

I’m glad you’ve developed helpful strategies to manage binge eating after an episode. Try not to blame or punish yourself afterward. Get back to your usual meals, as this can help break the cycle and reduce the likelihood of another episode. If you find it difficult to manage binge eating, please consider seeking professional support.

You do not have to go through this alone. Take care of yourself, Beloved.

User Profile: alexamz06
alexamz06 Wednesday

Yesss im glad you don’t do underage the next day, just take it one step at a time and it’s better to eat healthy than to restrict. I used to deal with this and im still working on it but its getting better than before.

User Profile: alexamz06
alexamz06 Wednesday

Yesss im glad you don’t do underage the next day, just take it one step at a time and it’s better to eat healthy than to restrict. I used to deal with this and im still working on it but its getting better than before.