Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

If I tell my phyciatrist that I sometimes do extreme restriction and make myself throw up, will he tell my parents?

I don’t have a diagnosed ed, and I probably don’t either way, but sometimes I do make myself throw up if I go over my calorie limit or if I break a fast early. I don’t know if I should tell my psychiatrist though, since I don’t want him to tell my parents I do it.

2
User Profile: lovingCranberry7956
lovingCranberry7956 OP March 11th

Oh I’m a minor btw, cause that probably makes a difference

User Profile: VeryBerrySweet
VeryBerrySweet March 15th

If you do all that then you do have an eating disorder. I don't know if psychiatrist really can tell your parents, that depends on where you're from, but I think you need to ask yourself why you don't want your parents to know about it and go from there. If you considered telling your therapist, I do think that is a sign of a deeper issue and it's worth telling him about it.