20 years ago from now
Know others better than know yourself...
I think is this what i will say for my sons, 'cause you know the other will not break the titanium wall to solve your problems, you don't have to put yourself on fire for solving there problems too.
Today I reached 20 year from my parents breakup, and now I know why I shouldn't appreciated then that much, so much time have passed and I never fell like giving up to support there fellings, I was hearting my self to support there own fellings, and now I see how much dumb I was cause this wasn't premeditated by my fourteen old brain....
and this was only the top of iceberg
@BetterGoingPhilli
Its important to always prioritise own our feelings and mental health first, if we cannot do this, it's only us ourselves that suffer and we cannot support anyone else 💜💕
I agree with Amanda84 but I'd also like to add the fact that you weren't dumb at 14 nor are you dumb 20 years later. Every single one of us are doing the best we can do with the people in front of us. You should never have to feel like you weren't good enough or smart enough or whatever other negative adjective you want to use. What you think is dumb I actually applaud you for your growth and for being able to understand your parents breakup. I would take that a step further and say that you being brave and sharing your story with the community has empowered those around you who may be going through the same thing. Also, your sons are lucky to have you as their parent because through your pain you've taught them to be strong and supported them. Thank you for doing that. If you ever need to talk feel free to message me.