Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Advice from a friend???

User Profile: fearlessNickel4472
fearlessNickel4472 March 12th, 2021

I was speaking to a friend this week about things I'm going through as my mother's caregiver and she gave me advice that I don't want to take. Her advice was to offer regular McDonald's meals for to my Mom in exchange for her to give me the title to her car (something that's mine anyway or will be mine) and then she said once the transfer has been made to not follow through with the McDonald's food deal. I will not take her advice. How do I politely say thanks but no thanks to her?

2
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 12th, 2021

@fearlessNickel4472

Hii , I understand how difficult it is to politely refuse from an unsolicited advice or something that we dont really agree with , with people close to us specially. It's super okay to keep our boundaries in place and politely excuse from any such advice as the advice giver is not in our place and doesn't know our entire situation , so always okay to tell them why their advice isn't feasible to us and that we'll be fine finding our own way around the given situation, but we do appreciate their concern for us . So I probably would have said something like -- " Thankyou for your advise, but I don't feel it's something I'd really go for , false promises to my mother is something I am not comfortable with specially when she's not well . I appreciate your concern for me , but I think , I've got this :) " and then maybe just divert the topic to something new or different . To ease any awkwardness if present

Most likely your friend will understand your situation too and won't pressure over following their advice. Best wishes and much love ❤

1 reply
User Profile: fearlessNickel4472
fearlessNickel4472 OP March 12th, 2021

Thank you. 💌

load more