Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Afraid my wife wants a divorce

User Profile: MichaelJay13
MichaelJay13 November 2nd, 2021

I'm really afraid my wife is going to ask for a divorce. She has been increasingly distant over the past year and a half, and even called part of that time a separation.


We both suffered through so much stress in the past several years with our jobs, our kids' mental health struggles, and the fact that I had a stroke 5 years ago that left me unable to drive anymore. Not to mention, COVID-19.


Much of that stress is alleviating finally. But, while I had hoped for that to lead to a warming between us, things have just gotten even colder. I just can't help reading the worst into the vague messages she sends me now, about deciding what comes next.

1
User Profile: PeaceLoveandPaws
PeaceLoveandPaws November 2nd, 2021

@MichaelJay13

It sounds like you family has gone through some really hard times in the recent past. Hard times can put a lot of stress on a marriage, for sure. How does she respond when you share your feelings with her or express you desire to stay committed to the marriage? Is marriage counselling something you think could help you both reconnect or something she might agree to do?