A parents favourite
I live with both my parents. my mom has a mental disorder, dad's a doctor. I am a young lady and I have 2 brothers. My parents favor 1 of them the second born. He has openly admitted that my parents have confessed he is the favourite out of all children. I don't have a problem with this. I cannot make my parent love me more. But the problem lies.... The golden boy has spent the past couple of years reporting his side of the story to parents e.g when he bully's my younger on or when he misbehaves and I try to correct him. He constantly leaves out parts where he lies manipulates uses violence and others when doing so and the had started to paint us (esp me) as bullies to him in my parents eyes. I would get blamed scolded and punished for things that were not my fault. And finally today I chose to speak up. My father said he and my brother are allowed to beat me and shout as they please. This hurt a lot. In the past I knew that there would be unfair treatment against a girl child but I never expected it from my father! In the past I've had bag of food thrown at me and constantly told that I should never correct the golden boy when he does something wrong like fight with his brother. I've been called names stemming from untrue stories. I have been beaten and kicked for unreasonable things e.g quote "ruining my parents marriage" like as if I told one them to cheat, I was just a couple of months old. I've had moment's when my mother put a knife to my throat and told me she would end me. I thought she was joking and would do it. I felt touch my skin and start to slice and I fought her off.
@calmJackfruit9676
Hello Calm. Thanks for sharing your story with us here. I'm sorry that your brother has been twisting his words to his parents that you and your other sibling are bullying him. That isn't fair nor is it somehing that should be happening. And the fact that your parents believe his every word is shocking without even finding out if it is the actual truth or not from you guys. I'm sorry things aren't th best for you in your family right now. What your mom did to you is a scary thing to experience and no child should have to go through that. I do hope you are able to be in a safe environment soon or find some kind of support for your own safety. If you need someone to talk more in depth about this please reach out to one of our listeners HERE.
Here are some helpful self-help guides if your are interested (Clickable links below) :
3. Boundaries
@calmJackfruit9676
Wow, my case is so similar to yours 😢 Literally my parents will curse me & my older brother to "die alone" or "Go die, you won't live much longer" whenever the golden middle one starts playing victim & backstabbing with false claims.
If you can move out (like my brother), leave! If you can't move out (like me), have happy times with your other brother & ignore any crap they say or do. The more you react, they will get more narcisstic supply out of you & will try to belittle you (and your other bro) even further.
I speak very minimally to the narcs in my house for almost 6 months now. No more doubting my sanity & more happy talks with my brother living away...