Depressed partner
Hello, I'm new here, and looking for some support. My partner is dealing with a lot of anxiety and depression right now. I know I need to be supportive and accepting, and show them love and care. However I am starting to feel drained. Constantly reassuring them and trying to motivate them is pulling me away from my work. They have a heavy work load right now but so do I. And I don't feel like support is reciprocated. When I get down, they are instantly frustrated with me, and gets upset if I take time away from them when they're working. Any tips to stay supportive?
@philosophicalFarm3230
I imagine it is emotionally draining to support a loved one through depression. It sounds like you are working hard to support your partner. I'm curios to know, how are you caring for your needs? As a loved one and a caregiver, you are giving 100% to their support but it's hard to pour from an empty cup.