Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Family trauma

User Profile: smolstrawberries
smolstrawberries February 3rd, 2021

so earlier today my mom got really mad and frustrated at my dad and I got scared and anxious that they would both get mad at each other and end up fighting and yelling at each other. it ended up triggering my past trauma, which involves my parents getting into a really bad fight and yelling at each other and me and my brother. So I got really scared that it will happen again and I don’t want to relive that. It’s the end of the day and the vibe is just super off and there is obviously something wrong and I’m still triggered and anxious that something might happen or will happen tomorrow and I’m having a hard time convincing myself that everything is okay and that I’m okay and that I need to calm down. I don’t know what to do to convince myself that and to calm down when I get anxious because I become triggered

1
User Profile: MerryMar
MerryMar February 3rd, 2021

I am replying late and just wanted to know an update on how you're feeling?