Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to deal with toxic family

User Profile: diplomaticAvocado1390
diplomaticAvocado1390 April 22nd, 2022

My dad has always been controlling abd manipulative for as long as i can remember. The past years or so hes gotten significantly worse. Im 23 and all i have is an art degree and student loans so i cant imagine moving out any time soon. My dad isnt very nice and has an explosive anger issue. I dont think hes ever hit any of us but he screams real bad and makes us all real scared. My mom grew up in an abusive household and she talks about it a lot so im very much aware of it. She vents to me about a lot of issues and i cant help but feel guilty. I cant fix it but she always goes off abt it. Shes been mentioning her own death a lot lately and i dont really like the sound of it. I feel like shes the type to follow thru w something like that and it does make me nervous. I cant handle this mentally and i need advice. Thank u.

1
User Profile: juliak1968
juliak1968 April 22nd, 2022

TRIGGER WARNING

Hello,

Yes you are right to be concerned and I hate to pass the buck but If I were in your shoes I would give a call to a crisis hotline and tell them about your concerned and at least they can help point you in the right direction. I lost a teenage daughter to suside and looking back I don't know how to tell if somebody is feeling that way. I think you just must start the conversation anywhere and tell her your concerned about her well being. I've suffered with ideation and several attempts and from what you said I think you are very insightful and empathic. Make sure to check your own well being. Big Hug and much strength!~

Blessings, Day