Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Husband losing job anxiety

User Profile: funnyJackfruit9785
funnyJackfruit9785 August 19th, 2021

This has been a very bad week for my husband and I. On Monday he woke up literally not being able to bring himself to go to work. I could tell something was seriously wrong. He kept saying stuff like if he continues going to work then he or someone else was going to get hurt because of his mental state (he was training to be a police officer and felt like he wasn’t in the right headspace). I tried to convince him just to go on Monday and we would look into therapy ASAP. But he just couldn’t do it. It’s like he accepted it was over for him. We fought all day. And he just didn’t show up to work. Texted his chief half way through the day so they could set up a meeting to talk. Then went on Tuesday and chief told him he thinks my husband should resign. Throughout the conversation My husband explained how he felt and And stuff. The conversation changed from “you should resign” to “if you decide to stay this is how it’s going to go. You have till tomorrow noon to decide.” He and I talked. And I told him if we could get the proper help for him that he could do this. And we came up with a plan for everything. And everything felt okay. He texted his chief that he would come in to talk to him on Wednesday. He was going to tell him he was going to give it his all and put in the work to go to therapy to get over his anxiety over the fatal accident he went through like On his third day on the job. But when he went in they told him they weren’t willing to give him that chance anymore and they think it’s best he resigns now. They felt like they were going to “lift a burden off him” by having him leave. And maybe in a couple years they can see where he is mentally because they really liked him. So nico had to resign. We don’t want to tell people quite yet. But it’s been hard for us. My husband has been very angry with himself and just feeling lost about his life and career. And now he feels like he’s unhirable (he’s had 8 jobs over the past 4-5 years) My heart has been hurting over the situation so much. I thought we had some hope and it was taken from us. The past couple days has been really hard…. I just feel sick to my stomach and my heart just feels so heavy. I’m not sure how we are going to make it through this. (Not financially. We are okay finaxially) but I mean emotionally and in our marriage 😢 this has not been the first time we have been put in a situation like this. I know he struggled with his mental health too. I just wish we would have acted on it sooner. And I’m not entirely sure how to feel. Part of me feels angry at him but another part of me feels like I can’t be. I haven’t been wanting to be home and I took a personal day off work today to sort through my own feelings :(


1
User Profile: Helgafy
Helgafy August 19th, 2021

@funnyJackfruit9785
Well my friend. Life is often a battle. So good that you are OK financially!
Take a break. Maybe find a therapeut for your husband to help him. Try to act now what you think you did not do before.
Good luck to you!
From Helga.