I feel like an outcast.
Where to start? My parents got divorced when I was 2. It was not healthy and I am glad they did. There are so many things I have heard from both sides, that have made me angry at both parents. From my mother saying my father was abusive, to my mother moving us to Europe to be with her husband that was deployed while I was only 5, to the constant fights my parents had on who gets me for what holiday… who I live with.. etc. it’s a lot to deal with as a young child, and let’s be honest as a 24 year old it’s still hard.
from being over seas at a young age and dealing with my mother having cancer and also being an alcoholic while my stepdad is deployed, to dealing with a family (on my fathers side) that could never fully accept me for whatever reason… my fathers wife has alot do to with this.. I have been diagnosed with ptsd. Listen, there’s a lot more I could on with. But at some point you can’t blame your childhood with how you deal with things now… right? Yes. So where do I begin? How do I knock down those walls?
I feel like an outcast because I was recently with my dads side. I feel like they hold a huge grudge on my mother, which has effected my relationship with them. I have nothing to say to my dads side, except my siblings and one cousin (which is honestly why I stay in contact).
@itbelikethatsometimes97
Heyy! Firstly, I would like to say that you are a strong person as you constantly push through be it whatever the situation, it isn't easy being in that place and you did well. Although I don't know the entirety of the case, I do know that you care about your family and just want to be accepted and loved.
It's quite sad that your dads's side can't see the efforts you are putting to just be a part of them. I think you might have things to mend with yourself, by this, it could mean past scars or past trauma. Starting from yourself could perhaps be the answer. If you can, I'd say, talking to your mom and dad, telling them how you feel could help. I mean, communication is key, right?
I hope that you find the answer you're looking for and that you manage to restore those broken bonds with your dad's side <3 You got this!