Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

It’s Alright to Cry

User Profile: Onlyonefollower
Onlyonefollower February 15th, 2021

I use to have issue with my mom growing up. Now that I am older my mother and I are getting along well. My sister is the one who has the problem with me now. She has an issue I’m getting along with my mom and she doesn’t like that I try to get along with everyone. I’ve been bullied by her a lot as a child, and was never defended by my mom. She was my mother’s favourite growing, although I always thought it was wrong to let your children know that. But it was what it was. Now that I am older, I’ve learned to put things aside and work on having a relationship with my mom. My sister doesn’t like how close I get to my mother, so she starts making up lies about me and verbally abuses me at times. I’m learning to be strong because I had to deal with lack of love as a child, so now I’m learning to grow thick skin and not let her hate trouble me.

2
User Profile: PeaceLoveandPaws
PeaceLoveandPaws February 15th, 2021

@Onlyonefollower

What a wonderful thing you are doing! It's tought to work through things you expereinced as a child in order to re-establish a relationship with your mother. I'm sorry your sister is being so mean to you, trying to manipulate and cause trouble. It's understandable that it hurts you when she acts abusive towards you. I hope she'l realize, one day, that family is more important than her nasty behaviors. Best wishes to you going forward.

1 reply
User Profile: Onlyonefollower
Onlyonefollower OP February 16th, 2021

Thank you, Peace. It is really rewarding to start over with my mother. With my sister, it’s taking time, but we’re hoping she comes around fully.

load more