Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

It will be hard for 24th and 25th

December 16th, 2021

1 24 and 25 was something. Oma was big part it like food ect. It going hard those 2 days because that one holiday she put. All in for. I just wish find way I can enjoy it more.

2 there is going be someone there that can be so Critical and snaps for no reason, I wonder how I can cope with that,

1
User Profile: PeaceLoveandPaws
PeaceLoveandPaws December 16th, 2021

@Hopeforfuture12

It sounds like you Oma was a very special person and I'm sorry to hear of her passing. Holidays can be a bittersweet time when you are grieving. You have beautiful memories of your Oma and knowing they won't be with you this year makes your heart sad. If you would like to participate, I know there will be activities here at Cups during the holidays if you'd like to join in. It may help to talk about your feelings in Sharing Circle or join in other activities as a distraction for you. Do you have family or friendships support you can talk to if you become overwhelmed? Especially since you are also having to deal with a critical, angry family member in addition to the grief you are feeling. Is there someone who can talk to this family member before the holidays to set boundaries? What personal boundaries would you choose to set if the family member does become erratic during the celebration? Can you leave the room before it become too overwhelming for you? Would you feel comfortable asking your family member to please show kindness, just for the holiday?