Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mother Wound

User Profile: GloriaOlivia
GloriaOlivia April 9th, 2021

Hi All, I'm a 28 years old girl. This gonna be a long thread, but I hope there's someone out there that read this. So, when I was born, my father's family expected that I were a boy. But turned out, I'm a girl. Based on my mother's story, they asked my mom to be divorced with my father because of that. I never clarify this with my father, since they didn't divorce at that time. Since I was a little, my grandma, my dad and I noticed that my mom loves my little brother more than she loves me. I can say that there's a lack of emotional support from my mother for me. I grow up trying my best to make my mom loves me. When I was 12, I have a little sister. She has spectrum disorder. When I was 21, our parents decided to divorced. I and my little sister decided to follow my mom. Because in my opinion, my dad is the one who did mistakes. I never clarify this with my dad. My relationship with my dad is also bad, because when I want to go to university, he refused to pay my tuition fee. I tried to get scholarships, and I get it, and he want to help me pay my living cost during my time at university because it's located in different city. My life with mom is not always easy, she keeps angry about my dad, and I keep give her emotional support. If we have fight, it always ended up with me asking her apologies, no matter what. One day when we had fight, I said I want to suicide if you keep being like this, and she said "Yes, go on!". She encouraged me to commited suicide. But I didn't do it. It's been 5 years after she said that, but it still hurts every time I remember it. It still makes me cry every time I remember it. And yesterday, my little sister got sick, I take care of her by call the doctor and get medicines for her. I informed my mom at 1 a.m. by text because I'm afraid to wake her up and disturbing her sleep. At 6 a.m. I bought medicines for my little sister. After that I text my dad informed him that my little sister got sick and went to work. And after I arrived at home after working, my mom suddenly angry.. So angry. At first she said that I never cared abiut my little sister. Then later she said that I'm so stupid because I texted my dad about my little sister. She was swearing at me. She regrets that she give me the access to the education. Then I said to her, how if I move out from this house, because everything I did seems wrong for her. I'm the one that bought this house actually. Then she got more angry. She said that she never happy being in this house. In fact I bought this house for her, because I think it's her dream to own a little house. And it hurts me so much when she said that she never happy being in this house. It's not easy for me to buy this house. I sacrifice almost everything to get it. I'm so much hurted by her words. I can't bear the pain. I love her, but she clearly said that she dislikes me. I read that it's called mother wound and I need to have some boundaries with my mother. But I think it's hard to do. I don't know what to do. :(

3
User Profile: likewatersw
likewatersw April 9th, 2021

Dear GloriaOlivia, I think you should try to recover from your “mother wound” and sit down have a talk with your mother about how you feel all these years and maybe ask her how she feels in the end. It seems like you love her so much that you’re having so much weight on your shoulders. And of course as her child you can give her financial support she needs, I just deeply feel sorry for what you’ve been through and how you’ve been treated. You’re a good girl and I wanna tell you that all your friends and people who haven’t been friends with you yet- are blessed to have you. We love you. Even though I’m only a strange who just read your post, I am moved and I want to be friends with you because you’re such a nice kindhearted human being! Some people might don’t like you for various random reasons but you definitely don’t always need to take it as your fault. I hope you can move on and be stronger! Love you, 💙

2 replies
User Profile: likewatersw
likewatersw April 9th, 2021

*im a stranger Sorry for my typo.

User Profile: GloriaOlivia
GloriaOlivia OP April 9th, 2021

Hi likewatersw, Thank you so much for your message. I read it twice because it's a beautiful message. It means so much for me. I feel grateful that you're willing to read my post and gave me nice words. Yes, being healed from mother wound is the next task I should do. I think it's better to accept the fact that I can't control how's my mother's feeling towards me. I'll focus on self-love for now. Thank you so much, my friends. I really appreciate it 💖

load more