My Family Hates Me
Hi Everyone, I’m new here and don’t really know how this works but I need to express that I feel my family hates me. I have mental health issues brought on by childhood trauma that everyone likes to pretend didn’t exist. Then when I speak about my truth my family has so many negative things to say. They would rather me be quiet and let the truth eat me alive. They don’t support me, or call to check on me. I’m failing in grad school and don’t want to walk in graduation and all one of my parents cares about is not being able to brag about that moment. No one encourages me, uplifts me on my good or bad days, no one even calls me. They put on a good show for the married side of the family and social media. Since I speak my truth, I guess that’s why they don’t like me. It ruins their image they are trying to uphold. I can’t continue to interact with them. I’m miserable and just want to feel loved.
@Bri0037
Unfortunately, I can relate. There are toxic family dynamics out there where denial is the rule of the day. And it is for the reasons that you said, to keep up a certain image and the people that pay the price are literally everyone involved.
Good on you for seeing the truth--your truth--and recognizing how you *don't* want to be treated.